ignition passat b5 1.8 ADR 1996

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
13jurek13
OneWave
OneWave

ignition passat b5 1.8 ADR 1996

Post by 13jurek13 »

hello ,i have problem with i thinks so ignition , look on the picture in first and next course ,first is quadruple signal from ecu to coil(double coil) (bluewave) or current coil (redwave), what's wrong in beginning wave? Thanks , sorry for spelling but i still learning english. thanks.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: ignition passat b5 1.8 ADR 1996

Post by Martyn »

Please post the psdata file, or at least the screen shot.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Martyn wrote:Please post the psdata file, or at least the screen shot.
I suspect that may be a little difficult as the screenshot is from a Siglent lab-scope! :(

13jurek13

Witamy na forum i pozdrowienia do Polski.- Welcome to the forum and greetings to Poland.

To będzie trudne dla członków forum , aby skomentować na małym ekranie obraz labscope . Możesz wspomóc proces , zamieszczając dane pełne pojazdów , (! Doh sobie sprawę, szczegóły są w nagłówku postu - Uwaga do siebie zwracać uwagę przed otwarciem usta lub pisanie ) i dokładnie to, co jest nie tak / dzieje z pojazdem.

Można umieścić większe (więcej pixcels ) , prosto na obrazie ekranu zakres i przesłać zdjęcie na forum tak, że ludzie mogą powiększyć?

Jakie badania zrobiliście do tej pory?

Gdzie się podłączyć swój zakres ( sygnał i gruntowych ) ?

Może wtedy ktoś może być w stanie pomóc więcej .

Powodzenia.

It will be difficult for the forum members to comment on a small image of a lab-scope screen. You can help the process by posting the full vehicle details, (Doh! just realised details are in the post header - note to self pay attention before opening mouth or typing!) and exactly what is wrong / happening with the vehicle.

Can you post a bigger (more pixels), straight on image of the scope screen and upload the image to the forum so that people can enlarge?

What testing have you done so far?

Where have you connected your scope (Signal and ground)?

Perhaps then someone may be able to help you more.

Good Luck.

13jurek13
OneWave
OneWave

Post by 13jurek13 »

I suspect that may be a little difficult as the screenshot is from a Siglent lab-scope! :(
I use equipment pico : test leads , current claps , clips and adaptors . and collect money for osccilloscope Pico 4425 becouse is high quality and wy have perfect support and more information.

Car passat b5 3B engine 1.8 125HP code ADR years 1996

Problem occur only when engine is cold ,hard starting his. when activated engine 10-15 min is OK and during drive also OK.
My test: ground is battery -
I'm thinking or in the yellow circle its normal happening? why signal is quadruple ? when signal it is so engine starting bad .
Later I send more zoom picture and and description.

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by vasek »

For some old-style ECU it is normal have multi-spark mode when you have cold start RPM or RPM less 400 .
ADR has Motronic M3.8.2 .
It is normal for it, I guess .

13jurek13
OneWave
OneWave

Post by 13jurek13 »

vasek wrote:For some old-style ECU it is normal have multi-spark mode when you have cold start RPM or RPM less 400 .
ADR has Motronic M3.8.2 .
It is normal for it, I guess .
that is good answer, thanks Vasek

I came back from holiday , ok pipe candle was bad(puncture) or one candle . For now is good. Car testing.Thanks