renault master 2011 2.3cdi egr issues

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

renault master 2011 2.3cdi egr issues

Post by Dcunning35 »

Good afternoon , I am hoping somebody can give me a little bit of insight into some dtc ,s logged in a Renault master a job I have inherited today from another garage . The symptoms are basically "check injection message " accompanied with engine check light and loss of power "limited performance". As yet I have only had a quick serial assessment of dtc,s but my scan tool reports dtcs unknown under Renault application I will list these bellow .
codes read out under Renault using Delphi ds150e
165064 control unit>heating element connection permanent.
24253120 unknown dtc
242513128 unknown dtc
14253129 unknown dtc
these dtcs have no prefix or suffix as I am lead to belive Renault use a prefix
If read under obd I get the following
p2425 exhaust gas recirculation cooling valve control circuit open
p2457 exhaust gas recirculation cooler efficiency bellow threshold
p1457 manufacturer specific with no link to Renault in autodata and autodata technical informed me Renault don't use this dtc!!!
As yet I have only checked briefly under the bonnet and confirm the cooler has been replaced but only uses a vaccum actuated bypass with a Bowden cable and when cold this pulls on with battery voltage at pin 1 of solenoid and almost 100% I need to let engine warm right up to see if this changes but intial thoughts are this is correct .
there is also a wideband oxygen sensor upstream of cat presumably this is to sense oxygen for egr correction and adaption. Has anyone seen these dtcs and does anyone have any wiring information for the egr and bypass as there is nothing on autodata.

Thanks
Danny

STC
Banned

Re: renault master 2011 2.3cdi egr issues

Post by STC »

Unknown DTC only tells us we have a poor / out of date Serial Diagnostic Tool, Indeed very frustrating.

Can you supply an Engine code, Maybe I can help with Wiring Diagrams.

Try to beg, borrow other diag tooling to get some reliable fault codes and descriptions.... Snap ON, KTS, better still Clip
Last edited by STC on Wed May 04, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks engine code is m9t678 its a fwd 150hp , the scan tool is latest version of Delphi ds150e to be fair its the first time its failed me but I'm nothing short of snookered without a reliable dtc trace I'm gonna borrow a kts tomorrow and re evaluate it.
I didn't mention earlier the cooler has been changed prior to coming to me but for this concern acompanied with coolant loss .
Danny

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Danny.

I have just had a quick look on my KTS and none of your DTC's are listed in the Fault Code Table, don't let that distract you, none of these generic machines get it right all the time.

Good news is that the wiring diagram is in there, the EGR & Cooler is a straight forward affair. I'm guessing that they both use a PWM Duty Signal to operate and then a 5v Referenced Feedback for the EGR.

KTS has Actuator Tests for both components
M9 EGR.JPG

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks for the information I will let you know the outcome :D
Danny

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

just an update .. Turned out to be a short to ground on the bypass solenoid ,ecm shorted internally between offending control pin and ecm ground. Unfortunately replacing pcm only addressed the issue with bypass solenoid dtc .Lots of testing and hair pulling I found there are 3 electric auxillary coolant pumps but 2 have infuence on feeding coolant to egr cooler .One pump had a broken shaft ,vane not rotating I found this with amp clamp and compared the pump waveforms pumps are pwm but bad one had noticibly less currect draw due to no mechanical restriction.
Now I just need to get paid !!

jey001
OneWave
OneWave

Post by jey001 »

Hello Dcunning35...

I have EXACTLY the same issue on my Master 2,3 DCI 2012 - 150 Hp Fwd

Codes

p2425 exhaust gas recirculation cooling valve control circuit open
p2457 exhaust gas recirculation cooler efficiency bellow threshold
p1457 manufacturer specific

Renault Codes :

* DF1012 Cosistent Multiplex Signal for CC/SL, The data supplied to the cruise control or speed limiter are not correct.
* DF1159 EGR WATER PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT, No Signal.

Could you help me to locate the water pump you have changed ?

Thanks for the help ;-)

Jey

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi apologies as just back of holidays , firstly there are 3pumps .one located at rear of engine and 2 beneath engine ecu on nearside front chassis rail I changed the upper of the two but both pumps are the same and much easier to find on vauxhall parts network and the supplier I used told me they had been superseded.
I have had this issue too caused by a coolant leak too so be careful. Just make sure its between min and max in expansion bottle and circulating the basics .
Hope this help
Danny

jey001
OneWave
OneWave

Post by jey001 »

Hello !

Many Thanks for your answer :-)

I will check the two in front, same fault code as you, I suppose I will have the same pump defect...

I added recently one liter on my expansion tank ! Exactly the same symptoms as you...

Do you have a reference for this pump ?

So I buy it before I remove the old.

Maybe it's better to change them both ? What do you think ?

Thanks,

Jey

jey001
OneWave
OneWave

Post by jey001 »

Hi !!

No problems Dcunning35, thanks a lot for your answer !

Do you have a reference for this waterpump ? (The Superseded one...)

I suppose I also have a coolant leak, because I have just added 1 liter of coolant in my expansion bottle !

I think I have exactly the same problem...

I cannot answer your PM because I'm too new lol

Really, a big thanks for you help, I think i will win a lot of search.