EGR voltage multimeter

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
the57

EGR voltage multimeter

Post by the57 »

Hi,
I have a 2007 ford focus 1.6tdci with a P042f code:- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve actuator A – actuator stuck closed, I've replaced with a new EGR and still the same code, so with a multimeter i checked the the wiring, i got:
pin 1- 5v ref
pin 2- 2.6 i think is signal
pin 3- 0.14
pin 4- 0.48
pin 5- 0.01 ground
should i have 12v on one of pin 3 or 4 or is it power side switched. Thanks

STC
Banned

Re: EGR voltage multimeter

Post by STC »

Taking Voltmeter readings at one end is a great start but by no means is it "Checking Wiring"

For that you will need access to an accurate wiring diagram so it can all begin to make sense. And of course it would be a good idea to look at feedback whilst it is being activated and moving from stop to stop.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Taking Voltmeter readings at one end is a great start but by no means is it "Checking Wiring"

For that you will need access to an accurate wiring diagram so it can all begin to make sense. And of course it would be a good idea to look at feedback whilst it is being activated and moving from stop to stop.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
About P042F fault code I have some bad news...replacing EGR and adapting the new one in ECU will not solve the issue,but replacing ECU(in my case) yes.
I think you must scope the feedback signal from EGR vs actuation(curent or voltage)
Regards

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi if you give me reg via pm Il email you factory diagram , this dtc is usually a pcm fault with motor circuit pal but send me over reg or vin and Il give you all help I can .
Danny

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

The status and failiure modes of dtc will help too
Danny

the57

Post by the57 »

Same at pcm, dead driver i think, i should have 12v, will a different 12v feed work.

the57

Post by the57 »

There is 12v at pin 3 for a few seconds and then it drop to 0v, should i have 12v at pin 2

the57

Post by the57 »

Dcunning35 wrote:Hi if you give me reg via pm Il email you factory diagram , this dtc is usually a pcm fault with motor circuit pal but send me over reg or vin and Il give you all help I can .
Danny
Danny the pm not working

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Sent you a pm 57 just reply with detail and Il see what I can do pal .