2005 lexus gs300 tpms information HELP

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2005 lexus gs300 tpms information HELP

Post by Fat Freddy »

STC wrote:Glad to help, as always.

It is what it is and we just get thrown by the simple things.

As you say, Its great having all the machines, training and scopes. Access to likeminded passionate forum buddies is equally essential.
Thanks to Pico for creating that.

I will drink to that :D (it is Friday)
That is very true. Especially true in countries like here where the manufactures are not forced to allow access to vehicle information. So don't. Instead flicking the bird and saying 'go figure'. Mistakes are going to happen. The aftermarket information suppliers can only supply so much.
That makes places like here way more valuable. :D

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Especially true in countries like here where the manufactures are not forced to allow access
Where are you ?

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Thursday Island, Australia.

Used to be able to access content of manufacturers selling in Europe if I changed my i.p address to the UK. Then they started asking for a VAT number. So I would generate one complete with valid check sum. Then they started checking the validity of the business. I gave up at that point.

We can get access to some GM info. But the rules always change with which manufacturer and what access to what info.

Manufacturers don't even have to sell you tools over here, so something like VW rear main seals become a major headache. Genuine scan tools a no go from some/most manufacturers.
Even after market scan tools. It took a year to secure a genuine copy of Op/Vaux Com.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

WOW !!!
A small island in the sun with a population of just 2,600. Got any jobs going Freddie :D

When you talk about getting information, tools etc. is that because you are on that remote island or is that the whole of Australia.

That could become the future in the UK with Brexit. that's if we ever activate Article 50 and actually do it. I would be happy to see it all brushed under the carpet so we can crack on as we were.

Perhaps the United States of Europe, different states with different laws but able to roam, work & trade freely and of course either Donald Trump or Boris Johnson at the Helm (Same difference) Difficult not to love those rogues :D

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

When you talk about getting information, tools etc. is that because you are on that remote island or is that the whole of Australia.
Its Australia all over. Being here just adds a whole new dimension with some 800 mile's to the nearest parts supplier. I was based in the Blue Mountains western Sydney until the beginning of this year. Moved for a sea change, wife got a good job, free rent, free water, free gas, free electricity. Part time Dad at the moment and cherry picking work. Local workshop rate is $150 per hour ($100 per hour is the norm but of coarse varies). If they can't fix it, it's shipped to the mainland for $2500 return. The first job I got was destined for the mainland and the fault was a corroded fuse.
Australia also refused to comply to OBD/II or EOBD until about 2007. Just meant we got all the junk connectors and protocol that manufacturers had lying in the back room. Also limited/complicated sales of Australian built cars like the Commodore.
That could become the future in the UK with Brexit. that's if we ever activate Article 50 and actually do it. I would be happy to see it all brushed under the carpet so we can crack on as we were.
That did cross my mind with Brexit. But which government wants to shoot themselves in the foot? Even Boris figured it out that he couldn't win. We shall see how long it takes before article 50 is triggered if ever. I would expect no change with manufacturers. What's the Swedish model in regards to access to manufacturers information?

I don't understand why the government let's the manufacturers get away with it. It's not like Australia has a car industry anymore.

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Can you get stuff posted to you from 'friends'? here for instance???

;)

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

with some 800 mile's to the nearest parts supplier.
I often wish that one of the parts suppliers in my town was 800 miles away. But that's another story we don't want to get into right now :D
Got any jobs going Freddie :D
That's a No then ? :D :D :D

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

STC wrote:
with some 800 mile's to the nearest parts supplier.
I often wish that one of the parts suppliers in my town was 800 miles away. But that's another story we don't want to get into right now :D
Got any jobs going Freddie :D
That's a No then ? :D :D :D
Well actually I do. It's Daewoo of some sort, the complaint is it doesn't select 2nd and 4th gear but was fine before the clutch was done. I've been round and had a look. Charged the flat battery. I put 20L in the empty fuel tank. I got it to fire but turned the engine off because of the horrendous knocking noise but 2 litres of oil to bring the dipstick to minimum. Still not running properly so a quick comp test 1- 145, 2 - 145, 3 - 105, 4 - 0.0. I'm sure you're be on top of it in no time. :wink:

The job is all your's, although you will be not be gratefully rewarded. :D :D :D.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

EAAD wrote:Can you get stuff posted to you from 'friends'? here for instance???

;)
Friends? What friends? I'm the grumpiest bugger for miles around. It's just a way of life here. Post at some stage has to go by boat. Weeks for everyday parts is exceptable and no one seems to care. It's the island way. :D

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Friends? What friends? I'm the grumpiest bugger for miles around.
You Jest - There is only a mile, at best in any direction, between you, the seaside, ice cream, bikini clad tottie and endless beers :D

Do you get Eastenders, Corrie & Emmerdale ? That is the deal breaker ! Oh and Countdown with Rachel Riley ?