2005 lexus gs300 tpms information HELP

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

2005 lexus gs300 tpms information HELP

Post by Dcunning35 »

I have become involved with a tpms concern on a 2005 Lexus gs300 .The customers concern is of flashing tpms lamp ,he has confirmed tyre pressures are ok and attempted a reset in button . I have checked fault memory with a kts as my Delphi looked at me blankly when I selected Lexus lol. DTC logged related to no signal from pressure sensor 2. I than ran round pinging the tpms sensors with ateq tool. Only the left hand front responds!! . So using actual values I manipulated pressures to alocate sensor position and acronyms .This showed all read bar the n,s,f which was sensor2.Displaying a continual -1bar.
This didn't tally with the handheld tool but rightly or wrongly I replaced the n,s,f sensor and cleared dtc. The concern is still aparent and dtc is relogged with ign cycle. I had a look behind arch liner for a recover but no joy .I could do with a heads up on the system especially if it uses the antenna for remote or has one for each wheel .
Hopefully thi just don't want to get any deeper into this without swatting up first I really hate getting it wrong and am kicking my arse !!
Thanks in advance of any help
Danny

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2005 lexus gs300 tpms information HELP

Post by Dcunning35 »

Just a bit more information,the vehicle had a replacement sensor due to breaking on tyre removal around 6months ago .I purely replaced it and drove the vehicle to learn the id and lcafion. So premably its a self learning system I did try and read the sensors again with the tpms tool however still only the nsf responded not supporting the dtc unless its a recover error or am I missing something?.
Danny

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Please give us more info about the car:VIN will be usefull if the car was sold in Europe.
The sensors ID must be writed using Techstream(you can use KTS with passthru driver) prior to mount on wheel.The ID is printed on TPS sensor.Don't know if ESI or Delphi will let you to write IDs...
Some info about the TMPS you will find in attach.
Regards :?
Attachments
m_sa_0036.pdf
(214.98 KiB) Downloaded 626 times

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks for the reply ,this is a 2005 uk car , regarding the programming when sensors have been previously replaced they self learn after a drive cycle. The id isn't stamped on the sensor just part number etc . You can retrive the id with ateq tpms tool . Does the system use one antenna or individual ones for each wheel.
Danny

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/OnlineSubscriptions.aspx

And it is just 3 Euros for an hour - Cheap as chips :D

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks Viktor,stc and apologies Viktor I didn't open your pdf .. It was early lol.
The fact it has a central antenna suggest it is the codeing and I need to perform this manually first.
Thanks again and Il keep you posted.
Danny

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Dcunning35 wrote:Thanks for the reply ,this is a 2005 uk car , regarding the programming when sensors have been previously replaced they self learn after a drive cycle. The id isn't stamped on the sensor just part number etc . You can retrive the id with ateq tpms tool . Does the system use one antenna or individual ones for each wheel.
Danny
Hello,
Only one antenna is used so no location of sensor will be displayed.
Also no self learn of TP sensors /only manual input of value in ECM

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I may be wrong as your "story" is in 2 posts and I haven't given myself enough time to digest it.

I'm reading that you
1. 6 Months ago replaced the TPMS Sensor, drove the car and cured the fault.
2. Now, 6 months later the fault is back, you have again replaced the same sensor but cannot clear the fault ??

My Guess
6 months ago you fitted an aftermarket sensor and cloned the ID from the damaged one - Car Happy, Car Fixed ???

That aftermarket sensor has now failed and you have replaced it with a Genuine Part. Victor's post and PDF is quite clear that it will have to be Diagnostically married to the car.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Yeah that's it stc ,original replacement was due to damage caused by tyre change and fit an aftermarket sensor and I can only assume it cloned the original id.
The car developed a fault and serial evaluation lead me to the replacement sensor . Parts warranty from eurocar parts was a credit due to manufacturer going bust "surprise" .So I chipped in and got a genuine Toyota part and it looks like the proper one needs introducing to ecu .
So I'm a few quid down in standing difference in part plus I've tried kts ,Delphi,snap on,autel,carmanscan so far. I've got avdi to try as a pal has commander software if that wont I'm gonna get a techstream from a well known auction site .The guys a loyal customer and this is his pride and joy .

We all get these curveballs and I was overthinking it but a big old thanks to victor for some belting info cheers pal . If I can ever help you in return I will . Its great to have somewhere for people who take a little pride in what they do to trade hints and knowledge.everyday is a school day !!

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Glad to help, as always.

It is what it is and we just get thrown by the simple things.

As you say, Its great having all the machines, training and scopes. Access to likeminded passionate forum buddies is equally essential.
Thanks to Pico for creating that.

I will drink to that :D (it is Friday)