Diagnostic scan tool

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Diagnostic scan tool

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi I'm Dan a ford master tech who is currently in the process of taking a leap of faith and going it alone as an independent workshop.I have ids and a 2 channel pico and am looking for a good value aftermarket tool.I have used the Delphi ds150 and thought it quite good ,what about the brainbee xtouch ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Dan

JEFFMTEKK1

Re: Diagnostic scan tool

Post by JEFFMTEKK1 »

Snap-on's has really good graphing capabilities. you can graph every pid unlike IDS. I believe the Matco Maximus(Launch) can graph all pids too. Autel is cheap and can do things that other aftermarket scanners cant. I demoed a Autel last year, wasn't very impressed by it. A lot of bi directional items didnt work. Cant graph on off pids. Trying to graph Chrysler o2 pids is impossible as the scale was 0 to 5000 volts instead of 0-5 volts. Autel has probably fixed a lot of the issues though. Tried the smaller OTC about 6 months ago and wasnt impressed by that either. Ease is suppose to have a good pc based scanner. Just some of my opinions. Best tool to have though is a drewtech, can run many factory diagnostic software

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I can speak for Delphi DS150, Bosch KTS and Snap on Verus amongst many others that I own and use.

If they all got stolen tomorrow which ones would I replace first ? (i'm not talking scopes here - Generic Diagnostic Machines)

1. The KTS 570 because it is good generic tool with technical data, wiring diagrams & guided test plans and basic scope built in.
1A. VCDS, VauxCom, STAR, GM MDi
2. The Delphi because it does some of the things that the KTS does not.
3. The Verus because it "LOOKS THE PART" and it can do a DDE / DME - EWS Alignment on BMW's but more importantly because it was insured.

Hope that Helps
Last edited by STC on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

Delphi is a good tool, but it uses older Autocom software.
Better buy a Autocom cdp+ so you can use the latest software.

I don't have experience with kts and snap-on.

You can also look at g-scan. Perfect for Asian cars, and the European coverage gets better quickly.
It can also calculate incodes for Ford.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks for all the useful info ,I've opted for the Delphi and it has come with some additional software,some basic guided tests etc which can prove useful when faced with an unfirmiliar brand .
Danny

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Just to add, I have recently added the Launch X431 Pro (Android Tablet) to the arsenal. What a great bit of kit :D

Firstly it fires up in seconds, auto ID's the vehicle and very user friendly. I have used it on Ford, Merc, Bmw, Vauxhall, Renault, PSA, VAG, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, Ssangyang, Land Rover vehicles amongst others and I'm impressed.

A bit Wishy Washy on Opel / Vauxhall but nothing that Opcom wont step in and fix.

From What I have seen so far it is just a tad behind Autologic for Full Coverage on some vehicles, Right up there on most but many more marques are covered. I managed to fit a Second hand Instrument Cluster to a 2009 RR Sport, Configure it and Code the Keys back in with it. A couple of other little jobs and it has paid for itself. What is not to like about that ?

:D :D :D

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

I've got the launch x431 pro and have to agree with STC

The only gripe is I want it to display the android screen on the PCs touchscreen monitor and not found a way yet..... Any help on this appreciated :)

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Thanks for the heads up George hope all is well . Is it the x431pro or the x431pro3s I've just had a look at there website to see if there's anyone local to me so I can grab a demo.
Danny

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
X-431PRO is very good on asian/koreean cars,KTS Bosch work good on european cars.Delphi/Autocom is good on frech cars.I used all but sometime isn't enogh...
If you will need coding/adapting then search for a dedicated manufacturer tester:Techstream for Toyota,Star for Mercedes,Clip for Renault,...
Best regards