Parking sensor testing

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
riomas

Parking sensor testing

Post by riomas »

Hi

diagnostic partronics sensor, whether there is a possibility of extension without removing them from the machine. :roll:

respectfully: Romas

such as here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqJcABlIAp0

STC
Banned

Re: Parking sensor testing

Post by STC »

Riomas

Not sure what you really mean there, something may be lost in translation. Great Video there showing how to test them on the "Bench" ??

However, I have always found that Parktronic Self Diagnosis to always be spot on. So wiring and connectors confirmed then it will always be the sensor highlighted in the fault code, just to be belt and braces we always have a known good about 40cm away so we can employ Swaptronics to either confirm or condemn the control unit / wiring.

As for trying to scope them then the window of opportunity is small, the control unit shuts them down at the first sign of trouble. Not saying it cannot be achieved. A bit tricky if you have 6 sensors but only 4 channels.
Last edited by STC on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

riomas

Post by riomas »

Thank you in STC

Well, yes you are right, there is also that the 2008 Kia Carnival Parking diagnostic device not create. As Mecedes?

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I digress slightly but still on the topic of Parking Sensor Faults.

I was today tasked with a LR Evoque 2012. Rear Sensor Fault. This has the control unit in the boot area the wiring then runs through a grommet and then a connector plug to the rear bumper loom.

Taking bumpers off is not my idea of a good time so checked for continuity within the boot as far as I could and indeed had a broken wire in one of he corners. Still the same fault so bumper off and no continuity from connector plug to sensor - another break in the wire due to corrosion. Same wire broken in two places. Am I just unlucky ?

Just to add, no evidence of impact damage or water ingress anywhere in the vicinity.