NVH RPM signal

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
no1lugnut

NVH RPM signal

Post by no1lugnut »

What is a MDI approved scan tool? My Snap on Modis Ultra does not work for the needed RPM signal for the NVH wizard. Nor does my CarDaq-M from Drew Technologies. Are there more detailed hook up instructions?

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: NVH RPM signal

Post by Mark Dalton »

A decent ELM327 interface from eBay will do the trick and they're pretty cheap. One with a USB Lead is probably the best option. I've done it with my Bluetooth one, but it was a bit unpredictable as to whether The Pico Software picked it up.

Alexander
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH RPM signal

Post by Alexander »

no1lugnut wrote:What is a MDI approved scan tool? My Snap on Modis Ultra does not work for the needed RPM signal for the NVH wizard. Nor does my CarDaq-M from Drew Technologies. Are there more detailed hook up instructions?
Hi, sounds like you have the GM NVH software. Pico customises the NVH software for oem's and because GM dealerships have access to MDI scan tools this is primarily what the GM software supports. If you don't have one of these devices the software should work with any other J2534 compliant device.