Custom Probe - combining 2 channels

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Custom Probe - combining 2 channels

Post by FioranoCars »

Thanks, not a problem
I'll probably write a more detailed and though out procedure with pitfalls, hints, do's and don'ts for our chaps, so will let you know how that goes!

Let me think on how to organise, as one simple way would be to use the "directory" tree, and name things using the folder names, you just read the local PC's Pico template folder ... makes moving full libraries, and syncing between multiple machines easy, and although there will be a dynamic overhead to read the directory each time, that's a small price to pay, and even smaller delay. Maybe even allow the pointing (via a defined variable pathname / symbolic link / other OS incorporated folder redirect) to a network drive ... leading the way to pulling in from the PicoWeb, just like the shared waveforms.... oh err!

Got work to do, so allow me to cogitate :)

Thanks
Richard Lukins

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Steve
This has not been forgotten, just wondered if the powers that be had had any thoughts or ideas about this ?

I'm just finishing off the full range of fuse volt drop custom probes (well I have a 4425 now, so can skip maths channels and 3x the number of permutations!) ... but realised for 32v fuses (so excluding 52v rated for 48v systems) there are over 120 custom probes, and probably in excess of another 80 for 52v ... so a filing system, tree/sub folder based way to organise them would be very handy!

Let me know if you've had any thoughts ...

Thanks
Richard

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi Richard

Can I ask if you build the custom probe by using a variable load and measure current draw with a meter to build a table or measure the fuse resistance with a LCR bridge and go the ohms law/maths route And do you stick with the measured fuse or just use the ones already in the vehicle

Thanks Andrew