Hello Everyone

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Hello Everyone

Post by EAAD »

Just a quick intro......

Hello from Yorkshire, England. I've had a fluke scope for a few years and now looking forward to this new pico 4425.

Kind regards
Colin

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by PhilS »

Hello EAAD and welcome (from Lancashire)

I hope your PicoScope opens up some great opportunities for improved diagnosis.

Please do share your experience with others, and keep updating the software to benefit from the free improvements.

If you have any queries, you can post here or email support@picotech.com, or call our main office number 01480 396 395 and ask for support.

best regards
Phil

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Thanks for the welcome Phil

Still setting up here tbh. Want a 27" touch screen for better clarity and control but the jury's still out on that yet. My other thought is non-touchscreen and mebbee more/better control via a mouse?

Anyone any thoughts on that please?
Touchscreen
Or
Ordinary monitor?

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi

interesting and very timely question regarding touchscreens vs mouse.

I have a touchscreen laptop, but still use a mouse for most applications due to the difficulty of selecting the right thing. It's even harder on a smartphone trying to use the on-screen keypads.

Regarding PicoScope - you may have noticed that the most recent Beta 6.12.1 includes some new controls
topic13271.html

Can I just say that this is the start of a process where PicoScope is being tuned to become easier to use on a touchscreen. We haven't stopped work on all the other improvements, so the new User Interface elements will continue to 'trickle' through rather than there being a big switchover - this also gives us the chance to continue to receive user feedback.

If you watch any of Scanner Danner's videos, he has a massive 'touch' projector and moves the controls around like an expert. With the new UI versions, that will be even easier going forward.

Knowing what's in the pipeline, I would go touchscreen (as I did), and maybe use a mouse when necessary. The one other thing to weigh up is the budget - how much extra will the touchscreen cost you, and where else could you use that money.

Best regards
Phil

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Hi Phil...... Thanks again for your valuable help.

I too have invested in touchscreen laptops, another toughbook with touchscreen capabilities. It's on Windows 7 pro (64bit) which allows for a long screen press turning into the right-click menu...... Down side is its not usb3! Attaching a mouse via a usb-won't be an issue if needed.

Obviously I've watched all the intro videos & soaking up as much as I can with the tutorials & case studies..... To all of you, thank you :). Yes, I've seen Mr Danner's videos utilising the smartboard which seemed very good.

I chose toughbooks due to the harsh environment and will be running 2 side by side. One for the picoscope and the other for other software like Diagnostic Assistance and diagrams/internet etc.

Best place for costs appear to be cclonline (no afffilliation to me)

Costs....... Well, if I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do it right.

Just on with manufacturing a bespoke cart monitor(s) rig, yes monitors (plural) cos I'll probably put two on it and will post back when completed...... Nowt to be done in haste mind you...... Softly softly catchy monkey.

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards Colin