Shrink Stretch reference timebase

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Shrink Stretch reference timebase

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Im trying to overlay 4 in cylinder waveforms using cam signal as the sync but the waveforms are during cranking and the times are different so I cant align them as i would like am I missing something or is it not possible
I did find a post for a feature request back in 2014 but nothing else

Thanks Andrew

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Shrink Stretch reference timebase

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Andrew
What is your time base ?
Can you post a capture (psdata file)?
Cranking can lead to wildly different speeds of rotation verse hot idle which can be quite consistent if all is well ...

Sorry but when you say in cylinder is that pressure?
If your are overlaying 4 separate captures, then I'm speaking hypothetically as not tried this, but I'd set the time base to cover from slow to fast rpm, say 120 to 480, 120 being 2 compressions per second, so 2 seconds to cover all 4, and allowing for cam phase offset and where you place the trigger, call it 5 seconds to cover trigger and 2 cycles, so 500ms per div.
If cranking bear in mind that you might need to try a few captures per cylinder tested to avoid bad starter offset (IE early inertial issues). And may be if you have 4channels add an amp clamp 600/2000amps...

Ok, could have misunderstood completely, but if you want to overlay 4 crank pre start captures, you need to ditch some as cam will trigger will lead to some slower or faster inertia rates or set time base longer, say 1s per div. trigger as single, and review each.

Might be persistent trigger would help, but with cranking, it might not, never tried this, sorry!

Please explain more and post what you've got ... Probably misunderstood your needs, let me know :D :D

Best
Richard

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

I think this is the same request that was talked about in this thread: post42041.html?hilit=shrink#p42041

And yes I also really want this feature.

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Thanks for the replys
Will post some files when on other laptop but just as Volrem has pointed out thats what I wanted

it was in cylinder pressure one from each cylinder I was trying to confirm that the timing was correct on a peugoet 307 with GDI 16 Turbo engine which refuses to produce a spark unless told to by diagnostic system and one injector pulsing in time with cam and crank. Id been told that the cam lobes can move round on this engine so just trying to confirm that tdc was in the right place

I have to say my problems seem minor to some of the things you guys deal with

Thanks Andrew

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Four different cylinders with different speed. It would be so easy to align these with stretch/shrink timebase option.

Sorry forgot to add filter. By the way it would be great if we could apply filter on reference waveform also (after reference is created).
Attachments
reference.png