Aston Martin DB9 V12 No Compression on 2 cylinders...

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Aston Martin DB9 V12 No Compression on 2 cylinders...

Post by FioranoCars »

Hey Stu !!
I wondered when you'd stop lurking and show your diagnostic prowess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly felt that way, just wish you got a fraction of the truth when a car was dropped off, make life so much easier.

Yes, visit anytime, as the whole crew would be pleased to see you, it's been way way too long. I'll leave the Guinness to you, I'm a strict Vino man, well have to be as a part time wine merchant 8)

Anyway welcome to the world of Pico, have you got one yet?

reminiscing ... I will never forget the Mondial with the misfire, and we used that 2 channel handheld, which showed the point of failure (positive drop out if I remember on the ECU supply or something) back at Cumberland nearly 15 years ago ... takes me back ... but that moment showed me the value of scopes, and I guess I never looked back!

Had Mike in the workshop all week, yes he can still hold a spanner!, doing tests on a 348 with crank and fueling issues, all down to owner "maintenance", should have guessed it would be a fun job when we fixed the headlight motor issues (short circuit) by putting the relays back in the proper places!! Owners eh, who needs them :lol: :lol:

Lovely to hear from you ... now give me some real advice!

Best
Richard

House5

Re: Aston Martin DB9 V12 No Compression on 2 cylinders...

Post by House5 »

Hey Ho Richard

ahhh, your way ahead on me with the scopes, I dream of owning a pico, i'm still using 'that' 2 channel yoke, errr 1 channel now, had it on a 40th anniversary Mini last week, yup.... a fuel injected A series fart box - total quality I can tell you! This Pico equipment looks really nice and very technical, real gray matter working stuff that, I've got lazy with scopes as the data loggers on the race cars pretty much highlight the issue if you pop up the right channel and the engine data guy is sitting next to me, if all else fails then the spare engine and wiring loom gets hauled out from the race truck, not real diagnosis but a sure fix :D

My best advice on fixing your problem...... RTFM :lol:

Luv to all at Fiorano, will get that cuppa with you all at some stage

Stu