Peugoet 207 no spark getting my arse kicked with this one

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Peugoet 207 no spark getting my arse kicked with this one

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi some help from some more experienced users if possible

Peugeot 207 1.6 GT THP(5FX)

Brief history
No history
Brought by a trader as a non runner from auction
fault codes crank sensor new oem cam and cranks sensors fitted by trader
still no start cranks ok
comparative compression test shows even compression
fuel pressure builds up in the rail ok
codes clear but if cranked for a prolonged period code P0336 crank coherence will scan up may not be an issue

can trigger coils using diagnostic equipment although not reliably as for some reason scanner crashes after doing a couple
no communication faults on the car but when the coils trigger spark seems weak
trader supplied 2nd hand ecu kit with key and bsi to be fitted

no problems with anti theft shows key authorized

powers and ground to ecu confirmed good under load and using load pro
power to coils good ground switched

the only odd thing all the circuit diagrams I have autodata and haynes pro show the crank signal (pull down Hall effect) being pin 2 but in effect the bias voltage is on pin 3 which is where the waveform came from (both signals taken from back probing at ecu

I have attached cam crank waveform if someone would take a look and kick me in the right direction it looks ok to me comparing to a running one in the library allowing for the variation in speed as it on compression stroke sorry only an image as file was to big to upload something else to learn
Attachments
Untitled.png

STC
Banned

Re: Peugoet 207 no spark getting my arse kicked with this on

Post by STC »

the only odd thing all the circuit diagrams I have autodata and haynes pro show the crank signal (pull down Hall effect) being pin 2 but in effect the bias voltage is on pin 3 which is where the waveform came from (both signals taken from back probing at ecu
Bosch Esi shows (Assuming this is MED 17.4)
Pin 1. Ref Voltage
Pin 2. Ground
Pin 3. Signal
no communication faults on the car but when the coils trigger spark seems weak
If it is weak in atmosphere it has little time, hence no chance to first ionise and then Jump in a compressed environment.

Spark tester set high, Primary V & Current as you drive it to Spark.

Don't make the Mistake I once did, thinking all 4 coils cannot be faulty.

I haven't looked into your trace to confirm Cam Crank Correlation. that needs to be confirmed but I have seen Extended cranking throw those faults.

Will it tow Start ?

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Thanks for the reply

I can now rule out the crank wiring yes its a MED 14.7

I was thinking coils due to initially I just connected them up one at a time to test via diagnostic interface connected to the car
but when I got as far as connecting 3 coils I started to have test failed from the interface at that point I thought interface was playing up

Will do a current and voltage test on the coils to see how they come out and some research so I know if its good or bad

Hadn't considered tow starting as it can be a bit awkward due to our location on a high street but it would be worth a go

Thanks for the advice I at least have a direction to go

Andrew

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Thought id update this one the no start was caused by the crank reluctance ring being slightly oval caused by a exploding clutch

I should have been more suspicious of the odd gap in the crank signal but i didnt expect such a small detail to stop the coils firing

devils always in the detail live and learn

Andrew