Capcha

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Capcha

Post by FioranoCars »

This evening I had another set of stuck Captcha, but oddly after a new IP address (same connection method), I was able to post, via the same tick box I'm not a robot, but the message got sent - that's a first!!

For those needing to know what the CloudFlare Ray ID is, see here:

Normally after the Captcha, you get this (if you prove you're not a robot of course!):

All looks good, but before tonight, the next step was being shown a blank message ... so you've lost your text etc, despite proving you were human!!

So while the captcha was annoying, it was pure bug to lose the message.
Martyn I've PM'd you with the 3 references

Looking forward to a Captcha free life :-O

Best Richard

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Thanks for the info
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Slightly off topic, but 2 things:
1. The Topic reply notification is arriving via email before the post is live, and/or I'm getting phantom emails, as I've had 2 emails for your reply, but at first could see no reply! (not a cache issue here)

2. The link in the topic reply email takes you to the first page of results, but I'm sure this can be configured to take you to the last page / or even the next post since yours (sure other phpBB boards do this ?

While on Pico Forum, most threads are 1 page or less, lots do go over 2-3 pages, so checking your config options would be a really nice thing!

Thanks
Richard

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

I deleted the first post as it was a test and contained multiple random pictures I had on my phone.

I will check configuration options when back on a PC, and not my phone. Some should be available in the User Control Panel which is accessible from a link below the banner.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Well, I've now had a few captcha's with the "Robot tick" and all have successfully posted the message, so hopefully that bug is fixed for good?

But still getting captcha triggered, so a little way to go on the trigger logic!

Thanks
Richard

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

FioranoCars wrote:Well, I've now had a few captcha's with the "Robot tick" and all have successfully posted the message, so hopefully that bug is fixed for good?

But still getting captcha triggered, so a little way to go on the trigger logic!

Thanks
Richard
How is this going with you?

I've just had a load of "Robot ticks" most dumped my scribbles. Eventually the mud stuck.

But did happen to notice one thing during my many attempts to post - change browser, log out/in, restart, etc, etc. (I'm now on a totally different internet set up).

Once that decided to correct it's self the 'Robot tick' worked.

Coincidence????? :?
Attachments

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I've not had till yesterday (Saturday) any captcha screens, and since the robot started to work correctly, not lost any messages ... Yesterday, for the first time, I used the post attachment inline, and doing a preview before posting threw up captcha, as did the post submit, but message was safe.

The logic to prompt for captcha must be strange, as the connection, the user, the ip, the pc, browser, cookies, recent posts should not have given rise to a captcha prompt, but hey ho.

Worse, on an iPad (oh I do hate apple!), I was using safari to post, but switching between two tabs of the browser to find something, and safari seems to 'reload' the web page maybe after a time/other random reason, so I lost the post completely. It seems to do this regardless of swapping tabs, or switching apps ... Anyone know the logic/reason, or if the behaviour can be modified or avoided ??????

Thanks
Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

getting hit by Captcha again, although the posts are not being lost, it's rather annoying!!

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

CloudFlare Ray ID: 27f5e85b82ff0a8a • Your IP: 188.30.190.239 was the last
but the earlier post here, did not need one, but the earlier post and preview about throttle pedals both did, and the post between these 2 here about the saving issue had the captcha!

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi
Captcha Issues again :evil:

When Captcha Fails (server error on their part this time, but also if you miss a picture from their sometimes overly clever match pictures), the post is lost, so you return to a "new post" but empty message. No ID as their server failed to generate a proper page.

I think this "loss of data" is not a Captcha behaviour, but one you can change ... please can you look into it ... please?!

Fortunately, if you press the "browser" back button, 2-3 times, some browsers will hold the data entered, so if you do get stuck worth giving it a try.

Thanks
Ricahrd