new to pico

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

new to pico

Post by Terry Ferguson »

hi just got 4 channel advanced kit, studying video tutorials etc, first job I have used/practiced on is a tricky one, but I will keep practicing, its a common rail diesel tdci, runs on 2 cylinders only, but every combination you can get, 1 & 2, 3 & 4, Then 2 & 4, you get the idea, with 60amp clamps in 20 amp mode Got good 3 firing event in 5m/s, good clear trace, on a running cylinder, just a random wavy pattern on a none running cylinder, then while monitoring with out change of engine note, signal would change to non running, check other two they have good firing signal? I have tested loom back to ecu all 8 injector wires to earth all seem good, Has any one ever came across this random running on 2 cylinders, it has Never ran on 3 or 4 cylinders at any time, I have just sent ecu off to be tested??

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: new to pico

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Terry
Welcome, to the wonderful and insightful world of waveforms!

It's probably best to post this question in the "Diagnostic discussion" section, but I only say that as you'd be best also including the actual captures your took (the PSdata files) so that people can download and review them, to give you some feedback ... I think it helps to also upload a picture of them "in-line" to the question as it piques curiosity too! (pictures and '000 words thing I guess!) ... and that leads to more users putting in their 2p

For this sort of issue, it'd be really useful to know the make, model, year etc of the vehicle and the ECU it's running ... widens the net for similar applications.

Hope that helps, and don't be put off from posting, most people here are really helpful ... sadly from what you've posted I'm not sure I can be of further constructive use :-( !!

Best
Richard

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

I will post it in there, See what happens, I am trying to test oxygen sensors on a 03 Citroen C3, But not getting the Pattern I expected, Come to do more research tonight, I cant seem to get the Wavy Line 0.1 to 0.8 on pre cat Or flat line on Post cat, do you think its best to use the automotive Menu & select Pre & Post cat settings, Or should I configure it my self on a 1v scale on a 2 second time base?? The pics of wave form are below (I think) Thanks again
P2190007.jpg
Attachments
P2190007.jpg
P2190004.jpg

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

I have gone to waveform library & cant seem to access it, what looks like a highlight link, will not work? how do you get on the waveform library, any help is welcome, not sure my pics of my wave forms have uploaded. terry

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

I think I have sorted Waveform library, I tried to access it from this sight, I now realise i do it via the Pico its self, Thanks Terry

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

Hi, Had the scope on today On my 2 cylinder Switching misfire, I think I have out Waveforms on Diagnostic discussion, first is Virtual compression on A & 20v pin in Number 1 injector All Injectors Unplugged, Pattern looks a Mess, Not what I expected, It looks like I have compressions missing & Firing of injector is not consistent, 2nd Waveform is Cam sensor It seems to have a large Duty cycle? But not sure, I hope they are loaded on there correctly. (if they are I've learned something) Please take a look & give me comments as to where I have Gone wrong! Thanks Terry