USB B socket

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

USB B socket

Post by tangoman »

Hi I was unlucky today and trip over the blue USB cable and it pulled the USB b socket right out of the PCB board out off my 3 year old Picoscope 4423 !! yes not to happy but was thinking no big deal I will buy a new female USB B socket and solder back in to the picoscope PCB board so I had a good look at the board with a magnify glass and when the USB socket pull out it also took out 5 surface mount cap off the board and one Leg of the IC does not look to good wow all from puling out the USB socket out .. was thinking it says Pico scope Automotive on the scope and the people that make must know the USB can be rip out sometimes so its bad that just because I have trip over the USB cable this has happened and look like I need to buy a new scope ..

does any one in the Pico scope know can this be repaired ? or does it go in the bin ?

been using a very good scope a Bosch FSA 560 for many years and never had this happen to the Bosch Scope I know the Bosch cost more the 10 times off the Pico scope but it would had been nice for just the USB cable to rip out off the scope and not damaged the scope just because I trip over on it

I not sue now do I buy a new Picoscope ? it been a great scope and I have use it everyday for the past 3 years

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: USB B socket

Post by Martyn »

Please email support@picotech.com and we can arrange to take a look at it, and see if it is possible to repair.

If possible include a photo of the damaged area.

Edit: I see you have already sent in an email, a colleague will be responding shortly
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

Re: USB B socket

Post by tangoman »

A big thank you to Pico Technology for repairing my scope so fast I sent it just two weeks ago from Brisbane Australia and I got it back already repaired and just like new again wow Pico don't just make one off the best Automotive Lab Scopes but they have the best after sale service in the world

thanks and all the best