NVH ".pddata" files not Previewing / icon not ok?

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

NVH ".pddata" files not Previewing / icon not ok?

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi
While browsing some files for the colour channel issue, I noticed that the pddata for NVH files seems to be missing a preview. Double click they open fine.

Is this fixed, and just a hang over from old versions not having an embedded preview?

Also the Icon is rather lacklustre in comparison with the wonderful bright and distinct psdata version ... any chance this can be overhauled, or fixed?

Many thanks
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH ".pddata" files not Previewing / icon not ok?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Richard and thank you for the post.

I have just tired this using a couple of files saved recently and the icon with "tool tip" are in place but no preview!
NVH ICON-TOOL TIP.jpg
I used NVH version 1.8.3.1540 to capture and view the files which is bundled with PicoScope 6.11.10 .1540

My operating system is Windows 10. Could you indicate which operating system and version of PD is installed on the machine used in your screen shot?

Once i have this information I will file a bug report.

Take care.......Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

On this system it's Win7x64 the Main Pico is latest, but .1540, not 1608. NVH/Diag would have installed via that, and reports as follows:
PicoDiagnostics - Automotive Diagnostics Software
Copyright © 1995-2016, Pico Technology Ltd.
Version: 1.8.3 build 1540

Driver:
ps3000.dll (3.7.6.6)
ps4000.dll (1.2.5.20)
ps4000a.dll (1.0.5.45)

I have on this machine done a deep uninstall and re-install, as was trying to figure the right click convert option. Not looked at other machines that did not have this done, although I think we uninstalled or have repair installed on all machines due to various issues in last 2 weeks...

thanks
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.Com

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

hello Richard and thank you again for the feedback

I have filed the relevant bug here at Pico and will let you know ASAP how this unfolds

Take care......Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

more problems with normal psdata too, will post on other thread shortly :-(
Fresh uninstall and reinstall and reboots between each step did not help. Worse ... broke the psdata preview.

Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Ok, so the worst problems are on a Win 7 x86 (32bit system), was v6.11.7.1483, but also issues on WinXP 32bit, see lower down.

Found some old .PSD files, I assume they never had a thumbnail? Am I safe to rename to psdata without issue?

So, sorry for the different screens, but checking if file age (original version) had any impact...
This is post a Repair install, before opening the software, but same post opening it:

Post a reboot after the install, pre and post opening the software and closing explorer etc

Post a de-install and fresh install with 6.11.10.1608, post reboot etc etc

On an WinXP machine 32bit, the directory folder thumbnails work, but the file thumbnails don't, pre and post complete re-install ... here is good directory folders:

Here is the file preview/thumbnails :

Seems to be fine for psdata files on all my Win7 x64, but no machine regardless of version is doing pddata properly, despite all machines now having been uninstalled and re-installed.

Thoughts?

Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com