Channel labels not color coded

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Channel labels not color coded

Post by volrem »

Hi

Does anyone else still have issue with channel labels being black and not color coded?

This has been for me as long as I remember. When I upgraded from XP to 7 then i think it got better.

Usually when opening saved file then some were black and some colored and when opening same file again then all were colored.

With current release (6.11.10.1608) it doesn't matter how many times I open it because these still remain black.

When starting a fresh capture then labels are colored. Main concern is with saved files. When capturing after opening a saved file and turning channel off and on again then color comes back.
Attachments
Channel labels
Channel labels
labels.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 5269 times

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Channel labels not color coded

Post by PicoMike »

Hi,

I'll investigate this and get back to you.

If anyone else suffers the same, please post here :)
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Not noticed colour coding so will look at recent and historic files no let you know, but on the subject of labels, a related issue...
Regardless of which channels are visible, only the core a-d channels appear, so if c is hidden but a maths channel is visible, the dialogue/display box does not change. Would it not be more appropriate for the system to display here the information for displayed / live channels?

I do realise that the physical connections information are important to either understand how the capture was obtained or to allow consistent reuse of a Template, but then only the active channels need to be displayed (this might already be the case, not checked :!: ) rather than all 4, but equally important to the good/bad result is the displayed extras like math channels.

Positive volt drop, say on a 20amp circuit cannot be said to be good or bad dashed solely on the positive value at the load, as battery voltage could be between above 14v to below 12v (engine off low battery charge to full alternator output), you can only draw a conclusion from the maths channel of battery+ minus load+ And the good / bad and notes fields should be available in the same box as the a-d channels. Maybe I've missed something ... But if I have then maybe it needs to be brought together in one place.

I hope than makes sense?

Will post about the colour issue later today.
Thanks
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Looking at the files saved historically, but using the current v6.11.10.1540 to view them
[edit - I have found that I also have as "current" v6.11.10.1608 on an XP machine & Win7x64, all derived from the same weblink and download file called "PicoScope6Automotive_r6_11_10_1.exe" although downloaded at different dates/times - the older .1540 does not prompt for an update]

with dates between 2011 and now, the Pico Versions (part of the properties tab - Views menu, bottom item "View Properties"), shows this:
No Colour
v6.7.10.5 (09/01/2013)
V6.10.16.2 (21/05/2015)
V6.11.7.1483 (22/01/2016)

Colour Working Fine
6.6.13.15 (06/12/2011)
6.7.2.1 (23/08/2012)

These were produced / derived captures using internal templates, which would have started from a seed file years ago, so that might play a part too?

Otherwise looks like colour was broken sometime between 6.7.2.1 to 6.7.10.5 ... and that it's part of the save process, as it displays old files that were colour encoded ...

Hope that helps
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com