Right Click 'Convert' not working (Windows)

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Right Click 'Convert' not working (Windows)

Post by FioranoCars »

I assume this right click menu within Windows Explorer/File Manager/whatever they call it these days! is created by Pico, as it's on several PC's that don't share anything else that might? See here:

Anyway on a Win7 x64 and WinXP (both with current PICO version installed) the right click menus are present but fail to create the selected option - any where on the PC, not just the same Directory - ie a PNG image. (tried GIF/BMP/PNG - both for single and all, even tried animated GIF :-) basically no files are created at all, not even a zero byte file.

Is this feature still supported, is it a hang over from a beta (all de-installed as current version is higher V no).
Any chance you can add JPG to the list once it works, and Excel although CSV is simple enough...

just tried Matlab, as easier to search for a .matlab extension, but it crashed Explorer!

Thanks
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Right Click 'Convert' not working (Windows)

Post by volrem »

Hi

Just tested and it did work creating png file. Windows 7 64bit with latest Picoscope version installed.

Animated GIF caused Pico to crash. So it kind of works but definately has some issues.

I would recommend sending e-mail to support@picotech.com

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I've sent the crash data, so the support team will have that, and every time I ask the staff, they always say post it to the forum (unless it contains personal data/client info etc) ...

I guess posting to the forum encourages others to test/share their experiences and helps everyone understand if it's a one-off or wider issue.

One the basis your version is partially working, and all my PC's have had Beta's at some point, I'll do a deep uninstall and reinstall of the current release.

Out of interest which version are you using, and did you have any previous beta's installed or currently installed.

thanks
Richard

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

I´ve just tested the convert image function on my computer which is running Windows 10 - 64 Bit version.
It works flawless with the latest Picoscope software version 6.11.10.1608

Regards
Kim :wink:

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

thanks Kim
Yes, after a full deinstall and registry clean and deep file clean (IObit uninstaller - has it's issues, so this is no recommendation, just an explanation of what I did!)

On re-install all works, even Matlab, and an 80 waveform into animated GIF, oh, that's cool! :o :o

So, there must be something not installing on an upgrade.
Both the PCs (XP and 7x64) had previous Release versions and Beta, Beta was uninstalled either just before or after the final Release version was installed, so while a clean install is OK (no previous versions in place) a dirty upgrade, or post install removal of beta seems to cause issues. :!:

BTW this feature is very good, can't believe I've never heard about it ... or indeed seen any animated GIF's on the forums ... so who can post the most amazing animated GIF? there's a challenge! (of a Pico waveform!! :wink: :wink: )
Thanks for the speedy replies, helped galvanise me to move ahead and hopefully give Pico enough specifics to fix it.

Volrem, can you confirm if a basic uninstall/reinstall fixes the issue?

Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Just to say it appears a "Repair re-Install" works to restore full operations, including Matlab.
I did however delete the left over NVH directory (from beta testing?) and the Beta Picoscope directory, but did not do any 3rd party uninstall or registry changes.
HTH ... Richard

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

FioranoCars wrote: Volrem, can you confirm if a basic uninstall/reinstall fixes the issue?
Hi

Just tested and at the moment all works. Even creating animated gif from 42 MB file. Nothing was changed other than that my laptop was asleep overnight. I'll might do some more testing later.

I have had this computer for a year and always had latest beta and stable versions installed. Never used PicoScope automatic update but rather downloaded installer from website. Also don't remember doing any uninstalls.

At the moment I have stable 6.11.10.1608 and beta 6.11.7.1280 installed.

Injector animated gif. Unfortunately didn't use rapid trigger at that point so there are some events between missing.
Attachments
Injector
Injector