Hi from N.Ireland

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
wysefool

Hi from N.Ireland

Post by wysefool »

I am new here and i am looking forward to car diagonistics using a Picoscope. I want to check out what other users are using and deceide what starter scope would suit my needs.Ernest.

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hi from N.Ireland

Post by Alan »

Hi Ernest,

Welcome to the forum. If you have not already have a look at a few of the getting started videos (such as the Basics 1 & 2 here https://www.picoauto.com/library/training )

As for which PicoScope its a choice between the 2 channel 4225 and 4 channel 4425. My advice if you can afford it is to go for a 4 channel and if you need to keep to a budget cut back on the accessories by going for a basic or standard kit. The reason is that you can always add more accessories later but there is no way of upgrading a 2 channel scope to 4 channels. You may only use one or 2 channels to start, but if you are serious about diagnostics then you will find you wish you had gone for the 4 channel in the long run.

Regards
Alan

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hi from N.Ireland

Post by FioranoCars »

Can't agree more with Alan, you'll kick yourself if you buy a 2 channel, so many things are quicker and easier if not otherwise impossible verse a 2 channel, and the accessories can be built up over years as you need them.

If you've not used a scope before then have a look on this website (support/library etc), and there are plenty of companies, including PICO, who offer classroom/workshop practical training too ...

And of course, the forums are a great place to ask silly questions :D

Happy scoping

Richard