New to Pico, need some help

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
yellowshaker

New to Pico, need some help

Post by yellowshaker »

Just got my 4225 4 channel yesterday. Installed the software on my home PC to get familiar with navigating the scope. Was able to use the functions on internal generated signals without problems. However, I installed it today on my work laptop, which is also running windows7. After install I used the signals generated by the software once again to test on laptop. Scope module is not connected at this time either. I cannot get trigger to work correctly. If it is set to auto, the screen ill simply slow down and be choppy, as if it is lagging. If I set the trigger to repeat or any other option, the trace will completely disappear. Anyone have any ideas here? I do not want to try using this thing on a car if the signals are going to be incorrect or unusable.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: New to Pico, need some help

Post by Autonerdz »

What you are describing would be normal behavior if the signal does not meet the trigger requirements. In other words, the scope is not triggering. If the scope is not triggering in block mode, auto trigger will show a screen anyway about once per second. In repeat or single, just a blank screen waiting for trigger.

Make sure the trigger is somewhere where the signal on the selected trigger channel can reach it.

yellowshaker

Post by yellowshaker »

I understand what you are saying, however, the trigger is positioned where the trace will cross it.
What I have found is that if I hook up the scope module to the laptop and use an actual signal, my trigger does work properly. This seems even more strange to me.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Are you triggering from a wrong channel?

Post the file so we can see.

yellowshaker

Post by yellowshaker »

No sir, I am triggering from channel A which is the only channel running.
I will try to post up the file I saved.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Just shift the yellow trigger diamond up a bit.

The default signal in the demo software does this on my PC as well.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager