Capcha

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Capcha

Post by PicoMike »

Not off the top of my head. I haven't heard this from anywhere else, but I'll keep digging.

As for the pics.. you could host them on something like:

Photobucket (requires a free account)
Imageshack (free to use, no account required)
DropBox

Any of those will allow you to post the URL of the picture into your posts. All you need to do is put Image at the start of the URL and [/IMG] on the other end and voila.

Our forum does require the picture to be maximum of 800px wide.

Alternatively, send me an email with your pics and post text. You then start a new thread and title it as you wish, with the body message (for AMike).

I'll do the rest ;)

I'm intrigued into this... did you win the PowerBall? :mrgreen:
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Thanks Mike.

I can manage a work around by posting then editing. So it's not impossible.

I'm positive the images 800px wide. A standard size I like to use.
I'm intrigued into this... did you win the PowerBall? :mrgreen:

:D Not quite, but a bit quirky. And perhaps, after looking at the UK news, to some it may be better than powerball 8) :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: .

cheers
FF

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I'm too suffering from almost random captcha requests...
It seems that
1. when provided images to key in text you don't loose the work
2. I'm not a robot tick box does loose work returning to the post, but blank!
I've not had enough to be 1000% sure, but that appears to be the end result, so maybe this is a simple fix between the 2 styles of captcha?

I've not tried saving drafts for a long while, so can't comment on that issue.

I'm accessing via various 4G dongles or WiFi hotspots from phones, but can post fine, then while on the same connection be later asked for catcha (so same IP, same session etc). So the triggering of the captcha still seems random!

On the subject of pictures, it would be really good if the 'hover tip' stated the 800px width restriction, that can't be too hard to achieve?

better still if you automatically uploaded and resized the images directly (some people will get lost hosting their own pcitures - maybe a link to a tutorial in the 'tip'?) ... and there are BBphp tools to do this, even to host the image on a separate sever to reduce your storage and bandwidth:
http://postimage.org/mod.php

So no excuses! :D

Thanks
Richard

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Interesting Richard

I hadn't noticed the pattern with the tick I'm not a robot but you could be right.

I don't remember if I had mentioned before but I'm also using a dongle but 3G.

Cheers
FF

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

yesterday I got trapped in a loop, the "i'm not a robot" tick, blocking not just a new forum post, but also a PM (reply to existing message! Could not Save Draft, Preview or submit and each time it cleared the contents of the post (and title) despite accepting the the input as being human!

Just be sure to use Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to select all and copy your post, before you attempt a preview/submit etc :D

Otherwise :evil: :evil: :evil:

I ended up losing a post, which, well I was peeved :x so I also enabled the clipboard history manager in MS Office, as an extra precaution ... forgot how useful it was :idea:

Hopefully these small issues can be fixed quickly!
BEst
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

That's what I'm down to. TBH it is very frustrating to work with.

I'm also writing then posting before adding images. Repeat. Then place image in line.

Generally to post a comment with an image will require 4 capcha's and hopefully none that wipe's everything.

Cheers
FF

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Oddly I was only getting the odd out the blue Captcha, then mostly the not Robot tick ones.

Sunday was odd, allowed previews (normally that was a trigger point in the past) and it was only when I hit submit that things went daft! To fix it I had to drop connection and get an New IP lease, as I was dead in the water, caught in a loop!

Be nice to have a picture upload tool, and be good to have a posting guide (to help newbies), so that for each psdata file uploaded an image is embedded in the message too, give people browsing an idea of what's being discussed :idea: ... that could be automated within the server, as there is an "thumbnail" image already embedded in the file format!!!
That's one for the Website feature request!!

Off to do so more work!
Richard

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

We are looking into these issues, and as part of this I have tried several times to trigger the Captcha without success, deleting the posts afterwards.

If it happens again can you pm me the Cloud Flare Ray ID, it will help us to understand why you are being presented with the Captcha
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Martyn wrote: pm me the Cloud Flare Ray ID
Failed this !!
Searched the PM directory/address book and sadly don't see anything like this!?

Maybe you can email me your email address and I can send you directly the details as it occurs, as the post and PM both get affected at the same time, using direct mail would potentially allow you a team viewer session live ?

What info do you want sent?
- device using for internet access/network
- IP address
- User ID
anything else?

Would clearing any cookie potentially help, or logging out and back in? I leave my login logged in, and remember me, so rarely get asked for my login as all done automatically ...

thanks
Richard

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

I haven't sent anything, I was just requesting that the next time you get asked for a Captcha there should be an associated ID number on the page, so do a screen grab and Private Message this to me.

I have some more tests to do, but will have to wait until this evening when I am off site.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager