WPS500x measuring chamber volume

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

WPS500x measuring chamber volume

Post by volrem »

Hi

When doing compression test with PicoDiagnostics there is option to change sensor volume. Help file states to check from datasheet but I couln't find any info about that in documentation.

Before I go to measeure can ayone tell me how much is WPS500x measuring chamber volume (including this quick release connector?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: WPS500x measuring chamber volume

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Volrem and thank you for the post.

The default setting for the pressure sensor volume is 5.00 mL
PD COMPRESSION TEST VOLUME SETTING FOR WPS.jpg
This will be correct for the WPS500X and compression hose that accompanies the pressure transducer as part of the WPS500X kit

The option to adjust this volume is there should you incorporate the WPS500X with a non-standard compression hose.

For example:

Using a diesel compression test kit and adaptors converted to connect to the WPS500X

I hope this helps, take care.......Steve

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Hi Steve and thanks for the reply.

I'm using DIY compression hose for diesel. So this was the reason I asked for WPS500X measuring chamber volume.

I wanted to know how much is volume for only WPS500X (without hose attached) so I can make correct calculations.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Volrem, nice one.

Sorry I cannot find the internal volume specifications for just the measuring chamber but I will catch up with "a man who can" next week

In the mean time (and of course if time allows) we know the combined default value is 5 ml (standard compression hose and WPS500X).

Could we fill the standard compression hose (with a fluid) and measure the volume of fluid, then subtract this value from 5 ml to find the volume of the measurement chamber?

Not sure about the accuracy but will most certainly find this information, next week.

Take care......Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Steve
Did you manage to track down the "man who can" as we'll be after the same data shortly.

Maybe it can be added to the online/software help files and in future be added to any reprint of the Manuals (but this might take a while and even change if you redesign the hose in future!) ... As having a historic record for all the hoses and indeed the hardware will help, as some of us keep old kit in service for decades! Testament to the legendary Pico build quality of course :D

Many thanks
Richard Lukins

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you Richard once again.

Unfortunately tracking down the relevant answer was not as easy as first thought (My mistake)

Sorry, it will have to be the procedure mentioned in my previous post to determine the internal volume for now until I can I can supply something official

Take care......Steve

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Using syringe method I got a result of 1,5ml for measuring chamber and male connector.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Thanks Volrem for sharing your result, will make a permanent note of this, so I guess the hose is 3.5 then !

Thanks Steve, hope someone has the answer tucked away, but at least we have a starting point.

Cheers
R