volts to pressure

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

volts to pressure

Post by ecosse »

Hi guys I'm looking to convert a voltage signal from a bosch FRP sensor into a scale for reading pressure.

Also I'm only looking at reading up to 400bar with this sensor so only over 2v needed on the scale.

could anyone remind me how to set this up? I should know but its been a while since i messed with the software!

Thanks

Kenny

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: volts to pressure

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Kenny and thank you for the post.

You will need to create a Custom Probe to enable the software to convert the voltage output of your pressure sensor into a pressure unit of your choice.

There are a couple of posts you may find of interest here at

post36911.html?hilit=fuel%20rail%20pressure#p36911

topic9899-10.html?hilit=denso

To create a Custom probe within PicoScope select Tools > Custom Probes > New probe > and follow Custom Probe Wizard.

As you move through the Wizard you arrive at the Scaling Method where you can use a Look-Up Table to input the voltage output of your sensor relative to the pressure applied

Continue through the set up Wizard until complete where your new Custom Probe will appear for selection in the Library section of your probe menu under your Channel options. (Probe selection)

I hope this helps but please feedback if you need any further help

Take care......Steve

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

ecosse wrote:Hi guys I'm looking to convert a voltage signal from a bosch FRP sensor into a scale for reading pressure.

Also I'm only looking at reading up to 400bar with this sensor so only over 2v needed on the scale.

could anyone remind me how to set this up? I should know but its been a while since i messed with the software!

Thanks

Kenny
If your inbox was empty I'd have replied ....................

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

inbox here rob? or on the dark side? :D

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

Thanks for the tips Steve :D