WPS 600 Dry Quick Release Connectors

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

WPS 600 Dry Quick Release Connectors

Post by FioranoCars »

Following from some offline emails with Phil R from Pico, it appears due to diverse applications, that there is no recommended quick dry connector for the WPS 600. And in fact the connector for the WPS500 is only dry 1 side, not both.

We're looking to use a dry joint both sides, and would appreciate any "real word" feedback of connectors that work or don't before we spend loads on an expensive failure!

Key are the 2 pressure ranges we're expecting to use:
1. operational 60bar so 100bar for safety
2. operational 150bar (well 1800 psi of R744 is expected soon!)
so is there any recommended fittings that we can use that will cover both, with both side dry quick release?

Many thanks
Richard

PicoChris
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: WPS 600 Dry Quick Release Connectors

Post by PicoChris »

Richard

The WPS600 is not specifically rated for use with high pressure gas systems as it has been specifically designed with Hydraulic operation in mind.

for this reason we have never done any testing with compressed gas and so have little experience on suitable connectors. I also have to point out that using the WPS600 with R744 is not something we can currently recommend. we are looking into making an updated version of the WPS600 but this is not likely to be available for some months

sorry I can't be more helpful

Chris Lowe

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: WPS 600 Dry Quick Release Connectors

Post by FioranoCars »

Thanks for the update, I've found a few options out there in the "industrial" world, and realised that for the connection to the pressure sensor a dry-dry pressure maintained connection would be unsuitable, mainly due to self calibration issues (maybe not your sensor, but most scientific pressure sensors seem to want to self calibrate with atmospheric pressure not 200bar!).

We'd still like to "try and standardise" our fittings, especially dry-dry high pressure capable, where we want to be able to rig a car with several access points, and change the sensor location without needing to re-bleed each time, but maybe this will be just an internal thing, as so few people in cars are currently look at 40-200bar and each VM seems to use different joints !

Ref gases and R744, please let me know as you have more details, and anything specific about the current models weakness in that regard would be most useful.