Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 1,8 GDI

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
csasziszerviz
OneWave
OneWave

Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 1,8 GDI

Post by csasziszerviz »

Hi Everybody!

I'm sorry, I'm not the best in english language, but I would like to call for help.

Our client have a Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 1,8 GDI with 4G93 engine code. The car engine is not working above 4000 rpm, and if I push the accelerator pedal more than about 30-40% or full throttle, engine will be crackling and sometime stop. If I try to accelerate with small pedal position, the engine working well to 4000 rpm. In this engine speed it working like in 8000 rpm (gives a noise like a speed limiter)

I think we find what cause this problem, because we find a big leak in a fuel filler pipe. After that, we performing the following:
- changed the fuel filler tube
- cleaned the fuel tank
- cleaned the fuel supply system
- we send injectors to testing, in 5-6 bar fuel pressure they working well (the garage have only lower ressure injector tester)
- disassembled and cleaned the high pressure fuel pump (it was very dirty inside, and some part is rusty, but we clenaned ererything as far as we could
- measured the low fuel pressure ( I don't remember to the value, but it was correct, maybe about 3,5-4bar)
- we measured CO concentration in the exhaust pipe, it is 0 in every engine speed.

After these tasks, the engine is working same like before cleaning. We haven't got any new idea, what causes this problem. :cry:

We have a Picoscope 3432, so if you have any ideas or suggestion, please write me back.

Thank you

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 1,8 GDI

Post by Fat Freddy »

Haven't had too much to do with GDi but don't these suffer from bad combustion/egr problems choking the intake runners disrupting swirl which is critical for correct combustion? Bad swirl = bad combustion = dirty egr = choked intake = bad swirl etc. etc. etc

Have you checked out the intake manifold.

HTH
FF

csasziszerviz
OneWave
OneWave

Post by csasziszerviz »

Helo!

We fixed the car. We have to buy a new high pressure pump, because when we push the accelerator pedal, the old one couldn't make enough high pressure. That's why idle and max. 1500 rpm was good, but the engine couldn't go higher.

Intake manifold, valves and injectors were good.

Thanks your help.

Faisalyasser

Post by Faisalyasser »

Hello,

What do you mean by the high pressure pump? Do you mean the fuel pressure regulator?

csasziszerviz
OneWave
OneWave

Post by csasziszerviz »

Hello!
I think to the high pressure pump. This car have a fuel pump in the fuel tank, and an other on the engine. This working like a "common rail" diesel car.
Csabi