NVH & WIndows 10

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

NVH & WIndows 10

Post by Mark Dalton »

Has anyone had any dramas with the NVH PlugIn when using windows 10? My Oscilloscope program works fine and all the plugIns in the Diagnostic Software package work fine EXCEPT the NVH plugIn. WHen I click on the NVH Icon the Pop up box that used to open to ask id I wanted to start a new test etc. Now opens but is blank and I cannot close it, I have to Alt/Cntrl/Del to close the program.
:evil:
Attachments
Pico Diagnostic.jpg
trace.xml
(56.78 KiB) Downloaded 762 times

Belet
OneWave
OneWave

Re: NVH & WIndows 10

Post by Belet »

Windows 10 is a latest OS which maybe the current version of PIco software doesn't fix very well.
Just wait the new verision of the software.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Both,

Thanks for the posts.

Mark - After seeing your post this morning I acquired access to a Windows 10 machine, and installed our latest PicoDiagnostics build. I can confirm that for me the software appeared to behave normally, with no crashes when accessing the NVH plugin.

Can you give more information on your PC spec, which scope you are using, and your software version?

EDIT: I see you included a trace file, so will send that over to Development and ask them to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

Hi,
I'm using a Surface Pro, running Windows 10 Pro. I'll have to wait to get back to work on Monday to give you the model number for the Scope. I'll try to get more detailed spec. for Windows by then too.
I did also try running the installer as administrator in Windows 7 compatability mode and the running the installed executable in Windows 7 mode, but that appeared to have no affect.

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

Ok,
The Scope I'm using is a 4223. Serial No. AU657/305. I've attached the Direct X Diagnostic Results, hopefully that will give you all the info. you might need about my machine.
Thx.

I've discovered that I can load Saved NVH Files and the NVH PlugIn seems to cope with that ok, it only seems to be when starting a new test.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(74.14 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Mark,

I believe new software was released last week. Can you try updating to this?

I have reported your issues to development, can you keep me posted on how you get on?

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

Hi MIke,
I downloaded the newest stable and beta versions and have tried both this morning, but I'm still having the same issue when trying to start an new NVH test session. I will attached the trca files from both attempts.
Regards,
Mark.
Attachments
stable_trace.xml
(24.54 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
Beta Trace.xml
(16.95 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

The development team have looked at the trace files and have asked if you can zip up your fonts folder (c:\windows\fonts) and send this to us at support@picotech.com

Please do not post it here
Martyn
Technical Support Manager