software install

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
kimmi

software install

Post by kimmi »

I reset my computer and now had to update to newer pico software tried to load it and it gets about 90% done then backs off and uninstalls did all updates on comp and still no install I have win 8.1 on a asus
any ideas kimmi

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: software install

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Kimmi,

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I will ask a member of Tech Support to visit this thread, alternatively if you could email support@picotech.com that will log your support call in our system.

Can you please confirm you have downloaded the latest PicoScope Automotive software?

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

kimmi

Post by kimmi »

yes I have latest tried non automotive and it loaded
it rolls back after registration pops up and im plugged in and on internet

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Kimmi and thank you for the post and your patience on this matter.

We need to create a log file that will record all the details about the failed install process. Once the log file has been created could you send this over to support@picotech.com for the attention of Steve Smith?

Could you ensure you have admin rights for your PC before we begin?

Please download the current Beta version of PicoScope Automotive software from our website but do not attempt to install. The downloaded software installer will be held in your downloads folder

Please open the command prompt by pressing the windows key on your keyboard and typing command prompt in the search window
COMMAND PROMPT SEARCH.jpg
Once the command prompt box appears enter the following text.

cd C:\Users\\Downloads

followed by

PicoScope6AutomotiveBeta_r6_11_4.exe /v"/L install.log” and press enter
COMMAND PROMPTS.jpg
The install wizard will then take you through the installation of PicoScope Automotive beta whilst generating a log file saved in your downloads folder at the same time.If the installer fails the details will be stored in this log file
INSTALLER LOG FILE .jpg
Could you then send this log file over with an additional file saved in your "Windows" folder containing driver information to support@picotech.com
DRIVER INFORMATION INSTALLER LOG FILE.jpg
I hope this helps and please feedback when you can for any further information .

Take care......Steve

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Just in case this might be helpful,...

We had a new customer with an Asus 8.1 PC that had the exact same issue. The solution was the same as in this thread:

topic10871.html

Going back to 6.10.11.15.