Vehicle Libary

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Vehicle Libary

Post by Mark Dalton »

Hi There,
When saving a waveform or a NVH file a dialogue box appears so you can enter the vehicle manufacturer and model. If the make or model doesn't exist you can add to the library. What I would like to know is if I can access and edit that library, So I can input a list of models at one time. Then I want to copy that file and copy it to other PC's that have the Pico Scope program on it. We have 8 laptops in our shop that all have the Pico Scope program on them, so I constantly find myself inputting repeat information.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Vehicle Libary

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Mark,

Is it safe to say the vehicles you work on do not appear in our existing list? If so, can you:

1) Tell us more about these vehicles?! :)
2) Give details of these vehicles?

I will speak to Development and see if there is a way an End User can take their "Custom" list of models, and copy it to other machines.

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Mark and thank you for the post.

It is possible to build a data base as you require using the “Details” Dialogue Box you mention.

Under the “Vehicle” heading enter the Make and Models you require. (Each new entry will ask if you wish to “add it to the library”-Select Yes)

Once all the Makes and Models have been entered close the Pico diagnostics software.

You will now need to locate a folder called “HellCat.Vehicles” located at

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Pico Technology\Pico Diagnostics

Locate the “HellCat.Vehicles folder and copy this folder to a flash drive device to enable you to transport this file to your remaining machines.

Locate the HellCat.Vehilces folder (as above) on your remaining machines and copy the new HellCat.Vehicles folder from your flash drive to the new PC.

Here you will now have a replica vehicle data base to the original PC from which the data base was created.

I hope this helps but please feedback if you need any clarification

Take care…….Steve

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

That did the trick. Much appreciated as always.
Cheers.

taho

Post by taho »

AuthorMike wrote:Hi Mark,

Is it safe to say the vehicles you work on do not appear in our existing list? If so, can you:

1) Tell us more about these vehicles?! :)
2) Give details of these vehicles?

I will speak to Development and see if there is a way an End User can take their "Custom" list of models, and copy it to other machines.

Thanks,
Hello!
Would be nice to have a list with models of trucks.
Eg trucks manufacturers such DAF, Man, Renault, Mercedes, Volvo, etc.
Thank

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crackerclicker »

Is there a way, or can you make a way, to remove car lines from the list. Although a thorough list is nice, I would prefer not to sift through so many manufacturers that I'll never see.

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crackerclicker »

It seems I'm the only person this annoys :lol:

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi,

The list of vehicles is long but as soon as you type one or two letters the list will shrink to show only a few - type V and only manufacturers starting with V are displayed. Vo and its just Volvo etc.

Regards
Alan

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crackerclicker »

Thanks Alan, I'm forcing myself to do it that way, but I sure wish there was a work around, lol.