Saab ignition coil ionization feedback signal

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
ruiy

Saab ignition coil ionization feedback signal

Post by ruiy »

Hi all,
Does anyone have the experience on testing the Saab "ionization" signal from the ignition coil? I am confused on the tesing method now... The current car I use for test is Saab 9-3 2006, 2L. Thanks in advance for the comments.

Hi Steve,
I saw there is waveforms for feedback signal of a Saab 9-5, 2000. Do you have any additional stuff to explain how it works? thanks!

Rui

ruiy

Re: Saab ignition coil ionization feedback signal

Post by ruiy »

Thanks crackerclicker for the stuff. It helps me understand more about the sensing signal.
However, still didn'n find a way to determine if the ionization feedback signal is good or not except using OBD, as the raw signal is quite random. maybe need to add a bandpass filter but I dont have the filter spec.
The other test I would do is to get the signals from ionizaition dectection module to see if there is anything insteresting...

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Saab ignition coil ionization feedback signal

Post by crackerclicker »

The "ionization" signal is the secondary ignition trace. You have to install ignition plug wires between the plugs and the ignition cassette, then use your secondary probes to capture secondary ignition. Use the power of Pico to zoom in at the firing line. If you have captured companion cylinders, you will see the same capture that is in the articles.