Renault K4M Cam Crank waveform

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Neil Bent

Renault K4M Cam Crank waveform

Post by Neil Bent »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a known good capture of a cam/crank waveform for a Renault K4M 1.6 petrol? We currently have a car in the workshop that is setting code "DF119 Camshaft sensor tooth event". The car also has a notable misfire in all rev ranges and I have seen it set misfire codes for cylinders 1, 2 and 3. I have tried swapping the plugs and coils around but this has no effect on the fault. I suspect there is an issue with the engine timing or dephaser pulley but could do with a known good waveform for comparison purposes. As a side not the dephaser pulley is not noisy as I have seen in the past with similar faults.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Renault K4M Cam Crank waveform

Post by PicoPhil »

Hi Neil
Just looked on waveform library and all the captures we have are from K9K engines. Sorry
When you capture one please can you forward onto me at Pico or add yourself.
Have you used the waveform library ?
Picophil

Neil Bent

Re: Renault K4M Cam Crank waveform

Post by Neil Bent »

Hi Phil, yes I did take a look at the waveform library. As you say, unfortunately the waveform I am looking for isn't on there (yet :D). I think out next step will be to manually check the timing and inspect the pulley. Once the car is fixed I will upload a known good waveform to the library. :)