NVH - Help

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

NVH - Help

Post by Mark Dalton »

When using the NVH diagnostic test how do I enter the engine accessory pulley Diameters or must it be done as a ratio? If it needs to be a ratio, a ratio to what, the crankshaft pulley? Do I set the Crankshaft ratio as 1:1.00 since the pulley must rotate once for every rotation of the engine?
All help Much Appreciated.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH - Help

Post by PicoMike »

Mark Dalton wrote:When using the NVH diagnostic test how do I enter the engine accessory pulley Diameters or must it be done as a ratio? If it needs to be a ratio, a ratio to what, the crankshaft pulley? Do I set the Crankshaft ratio as 1:1.00 since the pulley must rotate once for every rotation of the engine?
All help Much Appreciated.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the question. Some of our Tech Support are out of the office on annual leave so I referred this to our Development team. The reply was as follows:
Hi Mike
You can enter the pulley diameters in any units. PicoDiagnostics will use the ratio of one pulley to another to calculate the rotation frequency. So the customer can enter the diameter as a ratio of the crankshaft pulley or as a diameter (in mm, cm, inches) and it will still work.
Hope this helps,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

I initially tried to enter the pulley diameters as a Millimetre value, but after pressing enter each value changed to 100.00. I have attached a pic. of what I'm experiencing.
Attachments
NVH Help.jpg

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Mark and thank you for your patience on this one.

It would appear we have a bug in the NVH software as you should be able to enter any unit you like as long as they are all the same unit of measurement.

The software will calculate the relationship between the unit entered for the crankshaft and the remaining pulley's

I have been able to reproduce the symptom you have described here and I will include this in a bug report.

In the meantime can you change the millimetre value to centimetre as this will enter correctly and allow you to identify vibrations attributed to these pulleys.
ADVANCED SETTING CM.jpg
Once again Mark thank you for the post as feedback from the real world is the best feedback

Take care......Steve

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

Thank You for all your help it's much appreciated and means a lot. It's a huge plus for your product knowing that you're always on the front foot, helping customers with these issues that come up.