New guy from MINI Cooper in Texas...

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
MINImaster

New guy from MINI Cooper in Texas...

Post by MINImaster »

Hello everyone. I spent the last 6 years as a Toyota master and that is where I got introduced to the picoscope, and since then I have found a ton of uses for it and used daily.
I made the switch to MINI Cooper, and the Scope that is supplied is....well ...lacking to say it nicely. I just purchased a 4225 kit today from AESwave so I figured I would stop and introduce my self!

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: New guy from MINI Cooper in Texas...

Post by Alan »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum - well done on getting a 4425. You will have to enlighten your new colleagues what can be done with a proper oscilloscope :D

Regards
Alan

PS As all Toyota dealers have the PicoScope 4423 the 4425 must be new to you - how do you find they compare?

MINImaster

Post by MINImaster »

I have not used it yet, Just ordered it yesterday. I liiked the model we had at Toyota, but I am excited to try the new one out!! Iam pretty excited to start using a pico again and showing these guys what all you can do with a scope and right attchments.

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi MINImaster and welcome back to PicoScope.

I hope you make great use of the resources and support we have available in the forum and online
http://www.picoauto.com/automotive-library.html

Please feel free to post on this forum, and also directly email support@picotech.com if you have any questions or need some support.

Our very own Steve is an ex-Toyota master tech, and now enjoys providing support, tech tips and some great case studies to help other PicoScope users around the world. Have you already subscribed to the Pico Newsletter that provides a monthly update available to anyone that wants to learn more. The archives are also online if you need to catch up.
http://www.picoauto.com/newsletters/

The new 4425 is like your previous Toyota scope (that was a 4223 or 4423), but faster, with more memory, higher input voltage range, inbuilt hardware filter, connect detect and floating inputs. I hope you enjoy some new applications with these features.

Something that is available on both the new and older scopes is the Pico Waveform Library - simply login using your forum username and password to gain access to the growing library of waveforms. It's also a great way to securely save your own waveforms and make them available from any computer where you can connect your PicoScope and go online.

We have support offices in UK and USA - the US office is conveniently located in Texas. Now I know Texas is a big state by European standards, but if you happen to be any where near our office, give them a call and drop in.
320 North Glenwood Boulevard, Tyler, TX 75702, United States +1-800-591-2796

You can also call our UK office any time +44-1480-396395

Have a great time finding those tricky problems again.

Best regards
Phil