Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT P0341

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
gregs303

Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT P0341

Post by gregs303 »

Hi all,
I'm working on 2006 Focus,1.6 Ti-VCT HXDA EM light on P0341 Camshaft position sensor A range performance.
Also P0016 Cam to crank correlation A and P0017 Cam to crank correlation B
I have replaced timing belt and intake camshaft gear, timing was out and cam gear had a slack.

Previous garage replaced both camshaft sensors and crank sensor.

Can I have a opinion on the waveform attached, this is as it is now, P0341 comes back immediately after being cleared and engine idling.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tZ5k ... sp=sharing
Sorry, must use the link as I can't upload any files directly.
(Tried about 10 times with different browsers)

Looking on reference waveform from pico library (same engine) it looks spot on, maybe there is something I don't see.
And here pico waveform from library
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tZ5k ... sp=sharing

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Greg

tode
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT P0341

Post by tode »

looking at the files you have added to your car is out of phase by about 17 ° of crankshaft, the command of the VVT is similar varies little, the signals of the intake and exhaust cams are equal to the reference signal (library).
I took the two signals that you provided, I took as a reference signal crankshaft, put the ruler with degrees and with sliders measured the falling edges of the signal camshafts, comparing them I understand is how many degrees out of phase.
Your signal .
Your signal .
Library signal, the command of the VVT is similar it varies little.
Library signal, the command of the VVT is similar it varies little.
if I remember correctly in this motor pinion shaft is without key and must use a retainer for the phase.

gregs303

Post by gregs303 »

You are correct, I just roughly counted the crankshaft notches but yes it is 17 deg out using rulers.

Well this answers my question.

Thanks

alexionutzy

Post by alexionutzy »

Dear all,

Please help me. I have a ford focus 2 - 2006 - 1.6 - vct and I have the same situation like gregs: 2 erors - P0017 + P000B.
I replaced the both VCT pulley/pinion ( intake and exhaust), camshaft sensors, solenoids and timing belt.
Now i have P0341 and my mechanics say that the electrical circuit of sensors it's ok but fells some problems at acceleration.
Before changing VCT pulley, when the car was warm and I had to stop somewhere, when I start it again the engine, I hear a noise from starter motor/and I think it's from their/ and the error code P0341 it's an auxiliary error code.
I want to try to take off the sensor when the motor is working - to see if the ECU will generate another code of error..and if will generate - I think that electrical circuit it's ok and my mechanic has right.

Can't you tell me what I have to do next?
Sorry for my English but I'm from Romania.

Thank you in advance.
John

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

John,

You should start a new thread in 'help fix my car' :)

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi of you are 100percent confident valve timing is correct , reset the learned values in the pcm otherwise you will contantly see the p0341 being generated.
There is also a dynamic vct test in ids .
Danny