Pico 6 software update 6.10.11.15

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Pico 6 software update 6.10.11.15

Post by roadserpent »

Right from the start I felt that my 4423 scope should be able to measure resistance. And I am very excited to see a resistance probe added to my channel options after my last software update ! But much to my dismay I can not make it work properly. I see all the ohms settings in the range selection drop down window and have used what I believe to be the zeroing option too. But my readings are not working properly. Do I need to purchase a special probe ? Please don't tell me that I need the 4425 to use this option.
Thanks in advance for a Pico reply.
Jim Sowa

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico 6 software update 6.10.11.15

Post by PicoMike »

roadserpent wrote:Right from the start I felt that my 4423 scope should be able to measure resistance. And I am very excited to see a resistance probe added to my channel options after my last software update ! But much to my dismay I can not make it work properly. I see all the ohms settings in the range selection drop down window and have used what I believe to be the zeroing option too. But my readings are not working properly. Do I need to purchase a special probe ? Please don't tell me that I need the 4425 to use this option.
Thanks in advance for a Pico reply.
Jim Sowa
Hi Jim,

We do not currently deploy a resistance probe with the software. Have you created a custom probe?

Can you screenshot the channel options where you are seeing the resistance option?

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Post by roadserpent »

Pico scope1.png
Well when I go open the channel options window it is listed next to library, but it was not there before I did the update. The first update failed, so I did another and it went through ok. I have not learned how to use anything in the tools window where custom probes are located and I stay away from that. So no custom probes for me yet.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Pico scope1.png
Well when I go open the channel options window it is listed next to library, but it was not there before I did the update. The first update failed, so I did another and it went through ok. I have not learned how to use anything in the tools window where custom probes are located and I stay away from that. So no custom probes for me yet.
Ive never seen that before, what probe did you choose
-->
roadserpent wrote:
Pico scope1.png
Ive never seen that before, what probe did you choose
Last edited by Liteace on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.