NVH Kit

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
PeterK821

NVH Kit

Post by PeterK821 »

I noticed Pico has released the NVH kit for vehicle diagnostics. The flyer I have indicates there is also an available optical sensor and magnetic base for use in doing system driveline balancing via the software. Does anyone know if this has this also been released? I don't see the additional parts anywhere in the catalog...

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH Kit

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Peter,

You are quite right we do indeed now have an NVH kit for Vehicle Diagnostics.

As for the available accessories I have asked Tech Support to confirm what is currently available, and hopefully they will reply here in due course,

Thanks for getting in touch,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Peter and thank you for the enquiry.

I have replied on the Help Desk to your enquiry and will also post here for the benefit of all.

With regards to NVH analysis, you are correct in that the minimum equipment required would be a PicoScope (with the relevant test leads) and the NVH kit.

With both these pieces of equipment you are able to view the full spectrum of automotive NVH analysis including drive-line system balance.

However, as you have mentioned we have additional application included in the current beta software over and above NVH called “Balancing”

Here you would need to purchase the optical sensor and magnetic base to carry out drive line balancing with the vehicle in a fixed location.

I have to apologise here as we have just released a new generation 4000 series automotive scope and all efforts have been diverted to ensure these scopes and accessories have been released as accurately and efficiently as possible.

As a result the Optical pick and magnetic base, whilst available to purchase direct from Pico Technology, has not yet been rolled out to our distribution network. (Although the paperwork indicates availability)

The components of the up and coming optical kit are available to purchase separately direct from Pico, and very shortly will be available in kit form with accompanying carry case.

The kit contents will be as follows:

TA185 Optical Tachometer Power Adapter
TA186 Optical Tachometer Sensor
TA187 Magnetic Mounting Fixture
TA188 Directional tape measure for propshaft balancing

I hope this helps and thank you again for your patience on this matter. Take care......Steve

_r2h

Post by _r2h »

steve smith wrote: TA185 Optical Tachometer Power Adapter
I'm having the hardest time finding where to buy this particular kit. Where is it listed? Or a part number that I can google?

thanks

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

_r2h wrote:
steve smith wrote: TA185 Optical Tachometer Power Adapter
I'm having the hardest time finding where to buy this particular kit. Where is it listed? Or a part number that I can google?

thanks
It's out there. Over the pond at least :?

http://www.gmdesolutions.com/equipment/ ... &a=addcart

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi

thanks for the interest in the balancing accessories.
Although the parts are available, we did hold off releasing them for a couple of reasons.

We are working on an update to the NVH system and will release the balancing kit at the same time as this update.
The next step will be the release of information, and availability of parts, to distributors so that they can be ready for launch. One month after that, we will place the parts on the website, and make available to everyone.

As has been pointed out, the kits are already being supplied to vehicle manufacturers where they have proved their value.

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting so long for this capability, but we did want to take the time to make some changes to the system first. The kits will be available this calendar year.

Best regards
Phil

_r2h

Post by _r2h »

phils wrote:Hi

thanks for the interest in the balancing accessories.
Although the parts are available, we did hold off releasing them for a couple of reasons.

We are working on an update to the NVH system and will release the balancing kit at the same time as this update.
The next step will be the release of information, and availability of parts, to distributors so that they can be ready for launch. One month after that, we will place the parts on the website, and make available to everyone.

As has been pointed out, the kits are already being supplied to vehicle manufacturers where they have proved their value.

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting so long for this capability, but we did want to take the time to make some changes to the system first. The kits will be available this calendar year.

Best regards
Phil

Will the option be available to just buy the optical sensor and related parts, if we already own your current NVH bit of kit?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the continued posts.

The Optical sensor and associated components will be sold as an accessory kit to the existing NVH kit from the
1st December onwards.

There would be a provision made to purchase components from the Optical kit separately but all components are dependent upon one another in order to function correctly.

For example:

The power supply and optical sensor are both required in order for the optical sensor to function.

The mounting bracket for the optical sensor is included with the Magnetic Mounting Fixture.

With all the above considered, it would appear a better option to purchase the Optical sensor in kit form.

I hope this information is of some help, take care......Steve