Weird fuel injector wave form

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hijakd
OneWave
OneWave

Weird fuel injector wave form

Post by hijakd »

Hey guys I got a problem vehicle in on fri afternoon,it's a Holden rodeo with a 2.6 Isuzu petrol engine in it,i had a really quick look at it and i found it drops fuel pressure on a snap throttle test and also has a very weak ignition,also I found this very strange injector waveform on all four injectors,any idea why these injectors look like this? Many thanx
Attachments
image.jpg

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Weird fuel injector wave form

Post by Robski »

Is this a one channel scope ?

How about inj current & CMP/CKP on the others ?

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi,

Can you post the .psdata file. Have you enabled a filter on the waveform it looks too "smooth".

Regards
Alan

hijakd
OneWave
OneWave

Post by hijakd »

Hey rob you could be rite,I will drop into work and double check that filters are off,also both 90 and 1 degree crank sig is perfect,and yes all injectors look exactly the same,I haven't done a current ramp yet as I only got half an hour with the car

LucaB
OneWave
OneWave

Post by LucaB »

Hi

Engine must be running?

Possible resistance to voltage supply injectors?
Monitors current injectors

Regards Luca

hijakd
OneWave
OneWave

Post by hijakd »

Iv had a deep look into things and his is how theses injectors look,engine runs perfectly,I also scoped another newer 2.6 and looks the same too

hibeam

Post by hibeam »

Hi,
I have come across such injector waveform on various Toyota models like corolla (earlier models)all running fine. I think this kind of waveform is from ECU that controls two injectors at the same time ie:cylinder 2&3 and 1&4..I would suggest you confirm if ECU fires each injectors individually..

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Shameel and thank you for your enquiry.

Sorry for my late reply as I have been away on holiday and today is a catch up day.

I am not sure whether we have an issue with your injector signal or not, given the input and induced voltages remain as expected along with good injector duration with no voltage drop.

Ideally I would like to see the current measurement which would help describe the activity after injector cut.
Can you send a psdata file with the attached waveform incorporating a current view on channel B?

I would be very intrigued to add in the ignition event at the same time, as you have mentioned a drop in fuel pressure and a weak spark which could all relate to supply voltage and grounding.

Do you have access to the wiring diagram as this may reveal more about the circuits that we are not aware of?

With all channels utilised looking at circuits carrying load we can possibly link other events to the odd induced voltage injection pattern

I hope this helps, take care……..Steve

hijakd
OneWave
OneWave

Post by hijakd »

hi steve I did a current ramp of the injectors and cam crank aswell,after repairing the ignition issue I had with the ute,its running perfectly,so it had nothing to do with inj voltage,further more I had two of these utes in for service two weeks later and checked the inj voltage non both,they are all the same,so it seems normal but odd,live and learn I guess..