Do you use the "Display XY" feature? For what tests?

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
tode
OneWave
OneWave

Do you use the "Display XY" feature? For what tests?

Post by tode »

I hope I have chosen the correct section, I wanted to ask someone with more experience, as may be useful for me to use the "XY display", then a physical quantity in terms of another, instead of the time. Does anyone use this feature to test some special measures?
Displaying xy
Displaying xy
Thanks

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: How to use the "Display XY"?

Post by PicoMike »

Hi tode,

An XY view, in its simplest form, shows a graph of one channel plotted against another. XY mode is useful for showing relationships between periodic signals (using Lissajous figures) and for plotting I-V (current-voltage) characteristics of electronic components.

There is a page in the help manual which will describe this feature in better detail, along with showing an example.

To access the help guide, please choose the "Help > User's Guide" from the main toolbar.

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

tode
OneWave
OneWave

Post by tode »

Thanks Mike, I understand what it is , but I wanted to know if anyone uses this method to analyze some component, for example, pressure sensor, x-axis = pressure, Y-axis= voltage ... to learn new methods of diagnosis.
Best regards
:D

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Ahh apologies, I misunderstood your question. I hope others on the forum can give you advice.

I will adjust the thread title to encourage members to share their experiences.
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology