The Twix Straw

Found a useful article or video on the web? Post links that will help other PicoScope users here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

The Twix Straw

Post by Steve Smith »

Time for some light hearted waveform analysis.

I was not sure where to place this post, so I have opted to go for “Best of the web”

Waveform analysis is a skill of its own and requires “thinking time”

I came across this phenomena whilst in Poland with a colleague at the “Intercars Show” and thought I must share.

You may or may not have heard of the “Twix Straw”? Well we have now

Whilst analysing waveforms and values over a hot drink, open a Twix, bite the ends off one Twix finger, dip into your drink and suck your drink through the Twix!

I have tried this over the last two days and have learned that it works best with a standard size Twix and one that has been in the fridge.

The “rate of melt” is directly proportional to temperature so enjoy

Take care…….Steve

tode
OneWave
OneWave

Re: The Twix Straw

Post by tode »

My English is poor, and the translator helps me a little, I do not know if you speak of an oscilloscope, or advertising of sweets :lol: ...... but to me pice both ideas and I'm very curious :shock: .
with estimate

sigoaprendiendo
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: The Twix Straw

Post by sigoaprendiendo »

tode wrote:My English is poor, and the translator helps me a little, I do not know if you speak of an oscilloscope, or advertising of sweets :lol: ...... but to me pice both ideas and I'm very curious :shock: .
with estimate
Ha Ha :D

Steve is talking about the thinking process and our need for extra sugar/fuel in our brains as long as we want better results out of the thinking process. :mrgreen:

Kind regards

BTW that is the guy who plays the main role here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twix