Access to uploaded Waveforms

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
hexibot43
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Access to uploaded Waveforms

Post by hexibot43 »

Just out of curiosity is there a plan to make access to uploaded waveforms via the forum? Some easy way to link to them?

Thanks,

Marcello

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Access to uploaded Waveforms

Post by PicoMike »

Hi,

I don't believe so. Access is restricted to users who have:

PicoScope Automotive software running
PicoScope Automotive Scope connected
Forum credentials

This helps Pico to manage the library , and ensure only our customers have access.

Regards,

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Marcello and thank you for your suggestion.

Can I clarify which uploaded waveforms you would like to link to from the forum? The waveform library or the numerous waveforms uploaded to the forum in user posts/threads?

There are no plans to link to the waveform library via the forum.

The waveform library is a new and dedicated feature to PicoScope 6 Automotive software and available exclusively to automotive PicoScope users. (The criteria being we have a current user name and password to the automotive forum and an automotive Picoscope connected to the PC)

Regarding a link to the many waveforms uploaded to the forum in various posts, I am not sure how this would help unless accompanied with the content of the thread.

Sorry if I have misunderstood the suggestion and any feedback here would be help me to provide further information.

Take care.......Steve

hexibot43
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hexibot43 »

My thinking was this.
I've uploaded my waveforms to pico. Now I want to share them on the forum. I just thought it would be nice if while I was at home in the evening I could take what I've already uploaded, and write something for the forum. I really don't want to have to bring my scope home with me. I just want to either be able to download from the database you have so nicely set up, so that I can work on it while at home; preparing it for sharing on the forum, or simply just adding them to my posts.
Wouldn't the majority of people on the forum be picoscope owners anyway?

I do understand your motivation to keep it among picoscope owners only. I get that.

How about having a section of the forum just for owners of your scopes. Right now we have to be members of the forum and have a scope registered to us as well to gain access to the database. Could you not just have us log in once with our scope and record the fact that we do have a scope for access to this section, and from that point on not have to have the scoped hooked up?

Just thinking out loud

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again Marcello and thank you for the clarification

I understand the scenario you mention and believe you do have a point.

Often we study captured waveforms some hours/days after capture when removed from the turmoil of the workshop.

This has to be a suggestion I will follow up with the software guys and feedback when I can.

Thank you again for thinking out loud as sharing these suggestions keeps us all moving along

Take care......Steve