PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Daniel and thank you for the update, lets see how things unfold with the password login/logout issue.

Moving onto the screen shot you have attached, this is a very interesting phenomena and one we can take a look at here at Pico.

Ideally I need some more information regarding your PC and browser as this will assist with the diagnosis.

If you do not want to post them here that's fine as you can send them to the "support email" above, otherwise:

A screen shot of the PC spec
The operating system XP version SP (Service pack details)
Internet browser version?

All these would be most helpful as I do have an XP machine here to try and simulate the condition.

Take care.....Steve

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Daniel R Knudsen »

Here you go:
This new skewed picture is from right now, and the bottom of page one.

I don't see the problem on my Windows 7 64 bit stationary PC

Cheers,
Daniel.
Attachments
2014-07-28 14-3.jpg
2014-07-28 14-2.jpg
2014-07-28-1.jpg

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

I have same situation. If needed i can post more info about my machine.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you very much guys for the valuable feedback.

This would appear to be characteristic of the version of Internet Explorer utilised regardless of any other browser installed.

We can reproduce the symptom (which is always helpful) and we will continue to work this concern in with other improvements thanks to the continual efforts of the development guys/wizards.

It is worth mentioning here that subject to testing, the waveform library can be updated/modified without having to wait for a new build of PicoScope given the library is a web based feature.

I hope this information is of some help

Take care......Steve

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

When i look at my uploaded waveforms then "Edit Waveform" and other buttons are behind waveform.

Also I believe i have uploaded several waveforms that are now missing. Any ideas?
Attachments
library.PNG

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

volrem wrote:When i look at my uploaded waveforms then "Edit Waveform" and other buttons are behind waveform.

Also I believe i have uploaded several waveforms that are now missing. Any ideas?
Hi Volrem,

Can you tell me what the resolution of your display screen is? Your attachment shows 1280 x 778, is that right?

Also, our system shows 8 waveforms uploaded by you, does that sound correct?

Cheers
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

AuthorMike wrote:
volrem wrote:When i look at my uploaded waveforms then "Edit Waveform" and other buttons are behind waveform.

Hi Volrem,

Can you tell me what the resolution of your display screen is? Your attachment shows 1280 x 778, is that right?

Cheers
Hi Mike

Screen resolution is 1280x800. I also see 8 waveforms (4 of them uploaded today) but i have uploaded (or at least tried) more. But there are at least 7 cam vs crank waveforms missing. I havent checked that they were present before so maybe my computer didn't upload and didn't show error also.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

I noticed that problem with hidden links (edit/remove/open) is gone. I hope it's not an accident but you have fixed it.

Also I did share 4 waveforms today but only three are uploaded. It would be nice is there is status bar that shows upload progress and/or displays message if upload is (un)successful. Also upload date/time next to waveform would be nice.

EDIT: Yesterday evening everything was OK at home (same computer) but today links are hidden again.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

volrem wrote:
AuthorMike wrote:

Hi Volrem,

Cheers
Hi Mike

Screen resolution is 1280x800. I also see 8 waveforms (4 of them uploaded today) but i have uploaded (or at least tried) more. But there are at least 7 cam vs crank waveforms missing. I havent checked that they were present before so maybe my computer didn't upload and didn't show error also.
volrem wrote:I noticed that problem with hidden links (edit/remove/open) is gone. I hope it's not an accident but you have fixed it.

Also I did share 4 waveforms today but only three are uploaded. It would be nice is there is status bar that shows upload progress and/or displays message if upload is (un)successful. Also upload date/time next to waveform would be nice.

EDIT: Yesterday evening everything was OK at home (same computer) but today links are hidden again.
Hi Volrem

I did discuss your issues with Development yesterday, and when I read your reply this morning I was most pleased, thinking they had fixed it. Then I see your edit, so now I am slightly baffled.

So same computer, same display, yet showing differently?

I will pass your comments on possible updates to the library, they sound good to me!

I've also checked our system, it now shows 12 waveforms uploaded by you, so that is 4 more than yesterday. Looks like yesterdays were successful? If you log into the Waveform Library and choose "My Waveforms" do you see 12?

Please let me know if your issues continues to alternate between displaying OK and not displaying OK. I believe users on the Windows XP operating system do appear to have more issues than those on newer operating systems, but this is not an excuse, merely an observation. I'll take this latest information back to Development and see what they make of it,

Regards,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Hi Mike

First of all i know i should upgrade from XP but that's my only Windows computer (all other are Linux) and i'm trying to avoid it until i really have to. And like you said it should work anyway on XP too.

Same computer, same display. I did put computer on standby with waveform library open. Started computer at home and noticed that it was ok (i didn't have scope attached). I'm not sure if i reloaded page at home or not.

One waveform wasn't uploaded yesterday so i reloaded it today + 3 new ones. And yes i can see 12 waveforms.

At the moment there is situation where on some waveforms no links are visible, some has one, some have two and some three.

By the way my IE version is 8.0.6001.18702 if it's relevant.

EDIT: Found a trick.

When i open my waveforms then most links are not visible. But when I click on one waveform to enlarge it then after closing all links are visible and everything is as it should.