PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Post by volrem »

Try saving file first and check size. Approximate size stated when saving has been alyaws incorrect for me and actual is many times larger.

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Karl winter(KarlW) »

volrem wrote:Try saving file first and check size. Approximate size stated when saving has been alyaws incorrect for me and actual is many times larger.
The files I have tried loading while getting the error message are from previous capture times, some a couple years back. :)
Like I stated before. I don't have a problem loading to Autonerdz with the same exact saved file. Autonerdz will only allow 16MB which is smaller than Pico waveform data base @20MB

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crackerclicker »

Me too, Karl. I tried a 16MB single screen capture, and was denied. Interesting enough, I uploaded a 1.1MB capture, and the Database shows it as a 2.9MB file.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Good morning and thank you for all your input and uploads to the library.
Karl and CrackerClicker, can you send the waveforms that you have tried to upload into support@picotech.com for the attention of Steve Smith

I will pick these up and attempt to load them from here. This will allow me to sort out what is wrong and I will feedback ASAP.

Thanks again for your patience, take care......Steve

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

By the way why isn't there CNG listed in Fuel drop-down list?

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Karl winter(KarlW) »

Hi Steve thanks for your Email very fast :)

I will make a folder for the PSD's that get rejected and send to you all at once.

On a side note. this by no means makes this scope in any way shape or form a problem. This scope rocks!! I love this thing and I'm always excited when new builds come out with new toys to play with.

Here is a image of another one I just tried a minute ago:)

thanks again Steve & The Pico team

Karl :)
Attachments
PSD OVERSIZED MESSAGE.jpg

crackerclicker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crackerclicker »

Hi Steve,

I've got an 11MB file uploaded to the Nerdz thread for this BETA build. I'll put the 16MB one there too so you can have them all at once. Thanks!

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thanks again to all for your feedback as it is invaluable. Who better to provide feedback than the end users?

Thank you Tekman for the language suggestion which is never overlooked. I totally agree as I have tried to digest technical information in broken English which is bad enough, so what it must be like for non English speaking users to use the sharing feature, I cant imagine. (I guess they don't and that is valuable information we are all losing)

Thank you to Volrem re the CNG suggestion. This can be added in future builds along with LNG

Moving onto the burning issue of file sizes and upload limits, at present 20 MB is the limit and whilst the file size may well appear to be under the limit, the process of uploading the psdata file with all the relevant information included will add to the original file size.

The 20 MB limit has been set as an initial benchmark but will be one of the items under review as a result of the valuable feedback

The waveform data base is still in its infancy and at the Beta stage of development. The data base will continue to grow thanks to your input and uploads and the hard work of the development team behind the scenes here at Pico

Here's to the future builds

Take care.....Steve

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Daniel R Knudsen »

The same file gets more than double size after upload.
Is there a workaround this.?
Attachments
2014-07-05 .jpg

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Daniel R Knudsen »

In other words: when you upload a 10MB file you hit the 20MB limit.
And your file will not load in the library.