PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
rossk

Re: PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Post by rossk »

Great feature but 2 questions.

I use the scope all day every day and have been saving files with the new vehicle details form since it's release some time ago, so have a fair few already saved with the required details already filled in.

1: Is there any way of being able to search my own saved files using the methods listed above?

2: is there any way of uploading to the server my already saved files as lots of people must already have like my, loads already saved?

So far I have felt I was wasting my time filling most of it out and I could not use that information to search for the files at a later date and it still required me to rely purely on the saved file name.

Keep up the good work guys

Ross

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi Ross,

In answer to point 2, yes it is possible to upload existing waveforms to the database and in fact we hope at this early stage some of our wonderful customers will put in a bit of time to upload and share their most useful waveforms (especially ones such as cam vs crank).

To do this it should just be a case of loading the existing waveform and then from the file menu selecting save again. This should give you a chance to check the saved details (make / model / channels etc) and then either share only or save and share if you have updated any info. You will need a scope plugged in to do this.

At this time we have not added any bulk upload options as we think in order to keep up the quality of the waveforms in the database its better to choose which ones to upload one by one.

To encourage users to upload waveforms we will announce a competition in the next newsletter, I am not allowed to give out the details yet but I can say that the more quality waveforms you upload the more chances you will have of winning (as well as a warm glow from helping fellow techs). Anything uploaded from now onwards will count as an entry.

In answer to point 1 obviously anything shared can then be searched. I think there are ways within Windows to search based on the info filled in from within Windows but this varies between Win 7 and Win 8. I will check and get back to you.

Regards
Alan

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

This is a great update to the pico software! I defenetly upload my usefull waveforms and I'm hoping everyone does.

My compliments to the guys at pico!

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Excellent, we look forward to seeing the database grow! :)
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

When I use the share only option I get the message 'waveform already saved' (wich it's not).
When I choose save and share it works correctly.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Argen, we have just looked into this issue and I can confirm it is a bug that will be resolved on the next build. Many thanks for the uploads and your patience.

Take care......Steve

tekman66

Post by tekman66 »

Great new addition to the PicoScope!

Whilst the content of both the waveforms and the information completed by the user are largely understandable in any language, would it be possible to select an alternative language to complete the information required?

Alternatively, you could ask your foreign distributors to translate the various terms and add a translation of these as a file per language. (Once the detail is entered and understood, this facility would be immediately useable/understandable by anyone.) Having used forums for other diagnostic tools in at least 4 languages I'm aware of a certain reluctance of many to use what could be made a hugely rich facility. This would also have the effect of adding user numbers - and thus more waveforms - as well as waveforms from vehicles perhaps not often seen by English speaking users. The latter would add add further value to PicoScope internationally. In the same way, I see multi-language as further enriching the use of PicoScope with other types of vehicle; including tractors, boats, etc., even if it means using a file alongside to understand the meaning of each box, where text or numbers are required to be added.

I'm no IT expert, but I imagine that the content added within the boxes could be separated from the text which doesn't change, thus making waveforms and all the other important identifying information easily understood in different languages??

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

Is there a simple way to delete uploaded waveform?

I managed to upload 4 buffers but only 2 are useful.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

volrem wrote:Is there a simple way to delete uploaded waveform?

I managed to upload 4 buffers but only 2 are useful.
Hi volrem,

Currently only a small group of people at Pico are able to moderate the waveform database. Giving Users the ability to delete their own waveforms is possible and is under discussion.

In the meantime if you can tell me how to find your waveforms, I will delete them for you. You can then upload the waveforms again, but with just the two buffers.

Regards,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Karl winter(KarlW) »

Hi guys,

I'm having a issue loading files and getting message over 20MB. Not sure why? the file is from a 500ms/div capture with sample rate of 1us run. It also states approximate size is 4MB??? Is anyone else having this issue?
I have loaded these waves at the Autonerdz Pico group Waveform Data base with no problem and the file size over there I think is 16MB.(less then here)

Thanks
Karl
Last edited by Karl winter(KarlW) on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.