Beta 6.9.5 Start Up Problem - Enumerating Devices Hang

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
PatL
OneWave
OneWave

Beta 6.9.5 Start Up Problem - Enumerating Devices Hang

Post by PatL »

I installed the Beta 6.9.5 on a windows XP Pro (SP3) Toshiba laptop and it hangs when loading on a dialogue box the says it is "enumerating devices". This is with or without the scope attached to the computer. I need to shut down the computer to get it to go away. Task Manager exit of Picoscope will not remove the dialogue box. If I load the software again with the dialogue still up, it seems to load and I can run the demo mode.

Another problem in the Beta software is that when I created a math channel of the demo channel A to mess around with the new filter options, it magnifies the trace in the math channel. In other words, I created a math channel of A, then set the low pass filter to 1000 hz and the trace was about 2 times the voltage reading. Without the filter applied, the trace on the math channel was identical to the original as expected.

Thanks for the help. Really looking forward to being able to use the new duty cycle and filtered math channels.
Pat

PatL
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Beta 6.9.5 Start Up Problem - Enumerating Devices Hang

Post by PatL »

I also just noticed that when I tried to save the file from the Beta app to send you showing the amplification of the signal trace when filtering discussed in my last post, it crashed the software rather than saving it. I tried several times and it will not save.

I do have the latest stable version install and it works fine (except for the known bugs of saving files)

Pat

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

DELETE BETA FOLDER CONTENTS
DELETE BETA FOLDER CONTENTS
Hello Pat I hope all is well? Thanks for the feedback below. Regarding the Beta software could you try 2 things for me? The first would be to uninstall the Beta software and then delete the contents of the Picoscope automotive 6 Beta folder found in the attachment below. Could you then reinstall and retest for the "Enumerating device" issue?

Should the symptom still be apparent, could you then access the trace file, save to another location (Desktop for example) but delete the original. If this is still an issue could you send the trace file into support @picotech.com and I will raise the bug report here.

Regarding the maths channel I will try this from here and feedback, but just had a thought about the demo injection waveform, the scale is not correct and requires the 20:1 attenuation setting in the channel options menu. This will then correct the scale and voltage value of the demo signal. (Not sure if this is applicable but I will try from here ASAP)

Have you tried the new maths channel on a live waveform (not demo)?

Thanks again for your patience and feedback

Take care.....Steve

PatL
OneWave
OneWave

Post by PatL »

Steve,

I tried the suggestions. here are the results:

1) uninstalling, removing the beta folder, and reinstalling the program did not resolve it.
2) I had to log off to remove the dialogue box from the screen (task manager would not clear it)
3) after I removed/deleted the trace file and sent it to you by email, I logged off to clear the dialogue, then I tried to reload the beta program and it loaded fine. I recalled that this happened before (it would load after a log off of windows).
4) then I restarted /rebooted he computer and it would not run without hanging on the dialogue box. I logged off and back on, program ran fine. So a hard reboot makes it fail but a log off will clear the problem.

I sent the trace file to you at support email.

Pat

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again Patrick and thank you this valuable feedback and the pointers in your reply about rebooting and logging off.

I have now generated a bug report to enable the software guys to proceed.

Thank you again for the initial post and feedback