Nissan Micra K11 Maf Problem

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
antreas26

Nissan Micra K11 Maf Problem

Post by antreas26 »

Hi Guys.This is the first time i'm posting from this forum.I'm from Greece and i have a workshop.I have purchased from Pico Technology 1 week from now the 4 channel standard kit with some extra accessorises.I wanted to share with you all the power of the scope with a problem on a Nissan Micra k11 MAF sensor.The customer came with a complaint that the car could not accelarate good and looses power on hard acceleration.I told him to leave the car at our shop for further checking.So he did.I put the Scanner (X-431 Diagun)and there was no codes.I knew that there was a lean condition.Then checked scandata.The short fuel trim was +78% and long fuel trim +89%.The ecu was adding a lot of fuel.So out goes pico.
On channel A i hade the maf signal,on channel B the tps and channel C the O2 sensor.On the upload file (bad maf psdata)
you can see that at hard acceleration the maf is very low and not good patern and the O2 sensor is lean.I took out the maf sensor and cleaned it with maf cleaner but it was the same,nothing changed.Then i changed the maf with a new one and the engine reved nice and on hard acceleration there was no hesitation.On the upload file (Maf changed and ok.psdata)
you can see very clear that the maf sensor is hiting about 4.4 volts with a good patern and the O2 sensor is going rich all the time at full throtle.So i'm confidence with the fix of the car with a happy customer.The last year i was working with vantage pro,a very good 2 channel scope.But this pico with 4 channels is amazing.I work it with a very fast laptop and i could say that its like riding a formula 1.Thanks pico and keep up the good work.I use the scope every day so i can learn to use it the best way and collecting waveforms from known good cars,building my own library.I will post more fixes with the pico which i believe will help.
Attachments
Maf Changed and ok.psdata
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 1080 times
Bad Maf.psdata
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 938 times

tasos77

Re: Nissan Micra K11 Maf Problem

Post by tasos77 »

hi my friend.where are you from?can i ask you about pico?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

antreas26 wrote:Hi Guys.This is the first time i'm posting from this forum.I'm from Greece and i have a workshop.I have purchased from Pico Technology 1 week from now the 4 channel standard kit with some extra accessorises.I wanted to share with you all the power of the scope with a problem on a Nissan Micra k11 MAF sensor.The customer came with a complaint that the car could not accelarate good and looses power on hard acceleration.I told him to leave the car at our shop for further checking.So he did.I put the Scanner (X-431 Diagun)and there was no codes.I knew that there was a lean condition.Then checked scandata.The short fuel trim was +78% and long fuel trim +89%.The ecu was adding a lot of fuel.So out goes pico.
On channel A i hade the maf signal,on channel B the tps and channel C the O2 sensor.On the upload file (bad maf psdata)
you can see that at hard acceleration the maf is very low and not good patern and the O2 sensor is lean.I took out the maf sensor and cleaned it with maf cleaner but it was the same,nothing changed.Then i changed the maf with a new one and the engine reved nice and on hard acceleration there was no hesitation.On the upload file (Maf changed and ok.psdata)
you can see very clear that the maf sensor is hiting about 4.4 volts with a good patern and the O2 sensor is going rich all the time at full throtle.So i'm confidence with the fix of the car with a happy customer.The last year i was working with vantage pro,a very good 2 channel scope.But this pico with 4 channels is amazing.I work it with a very fast laptop and i could say that its like riding a formula 1.Thanks pico and keep up the good work.I use the scope every day so i can learn to use it the best way and collecting waveforms from known good cars,building my own library.I will post more fixes with the pico which i believe will help.
Many thanks for your contribution to the forum. Please keep your investigations coming.

Pleased to hear you are happy with the Pico :D
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

antreas26

Post by antreas26 »

Hi Tasos77.Im from Kalymnos Greece.I have the Pico and if you want any help,dont hesitate to ask.My e-mail is:
ashome1@otenet.gr

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Many thanks for your contribution to the forum. Please keep your investigations coming.

Pleased to hear you are happy with the Pico :D
The post is nearly 4 months old. Guess you don't check up on what's happening to often. :(

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

I'll admit it has been a while :cry:

Still doing the newsletter though, and working on new Automotive content all the time. :D
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology