WPS Triton hose thread size?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
BandK

WPS Triton hose thread size?

Post by BandK »

Hi, I am looking seriously at buying the WPS 500X kit, the discussions on this forum and elsewhere have convinced me that I need to add it to my range of gear.
Does anyone know what the thread size is for the Triton compression hose adapter?
Is it aimed at the US market or is it relevant to our vehicles here in the UK?
If it is not useful here could I swap it for the new M12 adapter at time of purchase?

Regards, Martin.

BandK

Re: WPS Triton hose thread size?

Post by BandK »

I found out that the Triton is M16 thread for the American Ford truck Triton range of engines and I was able to swap it for the M12 compression hose.
I'm now looking forward to some time to try out the WPS kit.

Martin.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Ive just found out the hard way, had my KIT about 2 weeks not used it yet.
I had a Fiat punto that running like a bag of s##t so I thought ideal time to use the WPS, got everything setup ready to go, then realised there no hose in there that will fit the Fiat 12mm plug hole.
My fault really for not reading not reading properly when i made the purchase, on the order page it should give you the option to choose what hose you want in the kit !!!!
I thought the "KIT" would have ALL that's listed in the accessories apart from the 2 spare quick coupler's
Whats the point in putting the TA105: Ford Triton compression hose in the kit for the UK, Europe.
How many Ford Triton do we get in to work on, NONE
How many vehicles with 12mm plugs LOADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just a case now of, Pico have made their money and just can't be bothered

Very disappointed

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

The 12mm hose is relatively new on the block, and we generally discuss the contents of the kit and suitability for individual needs. Apologies if this was not the case in your situation, if you contact me at support@picotech.com we will be able to sort this out for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

This is just unreal, I contacted you at support@picotech.com on Wed 26th about the swapping the hoses, I asked if a replacement is going to be sent out please DO NOT send it via courier, with the price of sending the useless for Europe TA105 back and the import charges on the TA156 it would be cheaper just to buy one.

I got:

"Im out of the office & will check as soon as Im back" Reply,

I heard nothing, on the 31st I got the:

Pico Technology's March Automotive Newsletter email, in the email was:

WPS50X Pressure Transducer: Updated kit contents
With ongoing changes in vehicle components, we have decided to update the PP836 WPS500X Automotive Pressure Transducer Kit.
The kit will now include the TA156 M12 compression hose in place of the TA105 M16 Ford Triton Hose. We will continue to make the TA105 available as an accessory and are happy to discuss any special requirements with individual customers on a case by case basis.

I left it a whole week, this morning Wed 2nd I contacted you again asking if there was any news, again no reply.

This evening, (Wed 2nd) I checked my emails and got a email from UPS, the courier company saying a parcel has been sent out from Northampton, I thought, strange, Ive ordered nothing, I checked back from when the WPS500 kit was sent out and that was from Northampton as well,

After no contact for a week and me having to chase it up, also asking please not to send it via courier, you've just totally ignore me and done so

So well done, Thanks for that.

Fantastic equipment, what happening with the service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Liteace and once again thanks for the feedback and the constructive criticism which is justified in this case. From a technical support view can I ask if all is OK with the new M12 hose regarding fitments and the application in which you are testing/measuring?
Any feedback is welcome and rest assured if you need any additional support with any of our products we are here to help at Pico. Once again, just reading through the thread, I understand your frustration and I do hope all has now been resolved and apologies for the confusion that led to the concerns above.

Take care......Steve

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Sorry for the late reply, its been a case of H.U.A for me for the last few of weeks.

Yes the issue was resolved very quickly, the new hose, yes perfect for the job, a massive THANK YOU for sorting that for me

Looks like the good old Pico customer service is back

Thanks Again

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Looks like the good old Pico customer service is back
Just the software to sort now eh :?: