Pico 6.8.11.20 corrupted my psdata files

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
PatL
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Pico 6.8.11.20 corrupted my psdata files

Post by PatL »

Thanks Steve. Glad you identified before it gets too prevalent.

Did you figure out a way to salvage my corrupt file? I am guessing not but wanted to ask because I'd like to have it available.

Thanks again.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Pat and thanks again for the feedback. I have tried to open the original corrupted file using an earlier version of the software, but it remains corrupted/damaged. I have asked the software guys to look into this issue and will feedback with any news ASAP. Believe me I know how annoying this can be when you lose data, especially when required for customer proof, warranty authorization and more importantly, your own reference.
Take care......Steve

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Believe me I know how annoying this can be when you lose data, especially when required for customer proof, warranty authorization and more importantly, your own reference.
Take care......Steve
Done it to me on saving again the other day, packed all away then had to re-scope as i lost the capture, I'm on the version before the last bug fix release because let's be fair it's a gamble updating as I've mentioned before & customer was there, I could have slung the lot in the bin there & then.
I know what will come next about OS being XP........it's the OS at fault as it's not update-able any more............I'm close to giving in :(

PatL
OneWave
OneWave

Post by PatL »

Steve,

I was playing around with a new file I created today with version 6.8.11.20 to see if I could duplicate the corruption. I was able to by changing the channel descriptions and using the "save" rather than the "save as". You are correct that everything worked OK as long as I used "save as" as you recommended. I wanted to see what caused the corrupting so I was experimenting a little with the "save" command. Maybe you guys already figured this out but thought I would offer the help (I am als a programmer and know how difficult it can be to isolate problem scenarios).

Pat

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Pat and thanks for your input and taking the time out to persevere reproducing the symptom. The software guys have identified the cause and will now implement a new build for evaluation. This could be released in stable or beta form depending on time scales. I will add the snippet of information you have included changing the channel descriptions to the bug report as we all know these little pieces of info can prove to be vital in the repair.
Take care......Steve