Converting railpressure sensor signal

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Converting railpressure sensor signal

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

I managed to find some information regarding voltage/pressure scale that are used on this engine 2AD-FTV. It's from a Toyota RAV4 model which uses the same engine as the Verso model.
RAIL_PRESSURE_SENSOR_2AD_FTV.jpg
RAIL_PRESSURE_SENSOR_2AD_FTV.jpg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 9111 times
Regards
Kim

LucaB
OneWave
OneWave

Post by LucaB »

Hello, if this is the right data probe for use with the pico.
To probe more precise data you need to check the pressure and voltage sensor with a scantool.
I hope okay.
Try to believe
Sensore rail RAV4 2AD-FTV.psprobe
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 966 times
Regards Luca

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Luca thanks for this feedback. I have imported the file and will try this out when I get a chance on this AD engine.

Take care......Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

FUEL RAIL SENSOR 2 WIRE.jpg
1AD DUAL PRESSURE SWIITCH TEST.psdata
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 795 times
Sorry this is a bit late and possibly now inappropriate given the time that has passed by. I have recently checked the fuel rail pressure of the current 1AD engine (2014) now fitted with a dual fuel rail pressure sensor, (2 in 1). I have attached a psdata file with some values and a little theory re testing this style of pressure sensor.
Take care.....Steve
Attachments
FUEL RAIL SENSOR 2 WIRE.OPERATION jpg.jpg

sigoaprendiendo
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by sigoaprendiendo »

Hi everybody

Has anybody a pressure voltage relationship chart for a General Motors fuel tank pressure sensor in order to use it as custom probe for Picoscope to compare fuel drop every time one injector open up?

I already builded the probe as it needs five volts feed source which I take it from a 7805 standard voltage regulator.

It would be very useful to know what pressure it is inside or outside the fuel pressure regulator as fuel rail pressure rises and drops according injectors switching pattern. Here you are a pic from my Pico 4423.

As far as I know this sensor has an indirect voltage response to pressure increments, so for vacuum you can get about 4.5 volts and as pressure rises the voltage output drops down
Attachments
Fuel Pressure Regulator-Injectors_Relationship.psdata
As you can see channel D is from the DIY sensor and the rest of the channels are injector voltage pattern from number 1, 3 and 2
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 759 times