Jag CAN BUS signal

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
gaza

Jag CAN BUS signal

Post by gaza »

Hi all, first post on the first forum I have joined so here goes, Jaguar X400 2.0d 2007 brought to me from another garage as a non starter. I have very intermittent coms with ECU and GEM but all others connect ok, have checked resistance at the DLC and at varoius point around the system and have the expected 60 ohms also continuity between modules and the DLC with no problems showing. I have U1900 and B2141 codes in the instrument cluster also relating to CAN fault.
My main focus at the moment is to restore consistent coms with the modules then obviously the non start which may be hand in hand. Scoping the system at varoius points brings very similar waveforms to the (very poor) pictures of the laptop screen. Any futher testing strategy/ advise will be a great help.
Attachments
photo(2).JPG
cluster faults
cluster faults
photo(3).JPG

RIMVYDAS

Re: Jag CAN BUS signal

Post by RIMVYDAS »

FIRST OFF ALL - DISCONECT ENGINE ECU AND LOOK FOR CAN BUS PICTURE IMPROVEMENT . THE SAME WITH GEM . THIS WAY YOU WILL FIND COTROLER ON CAN BUS NETWORK CAUSING PROBLEMS. MAY TWO OFF THEM?
GOOD LUCK

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

post the PSD file & the results of a global scan !

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

The diagnostic trouble codes B2141 and U1900 are related to the PATS system also known as Passive Anti -Theft System and that is why you can´t start the car.

The definition of DTC B2141 are " No ECM identification stored in the Instrument Cluster. "

The other garage you got the car from - did they tell you the full story about this car !!!

If all of your electrical readings are correct and within specification - would I turn my focus on the ignition keys or the the instrument cluster.

It could be that somebody was trying to recode the ignition keys or perhaps they were trying to install another Instrument cluster and corupted the instrument with a bad reflash.

Regards
Kim