Hi from LA

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
jim r

Hi from LA

Post by jim r »

I'm the brand-new owner of a 4423 kit and thoroughly enjoying the learn-up. I'm strictly a DIY hobbyist, but with a modicum of knowledge and experience. I've already gotten started with the Picoscope via relative-compression and charging tests for a few vehicles, and look forward to increasing my skills.

I'm nearing retirement and looking forward to working on the cars of family and friends. My wife owns a Volvo S60, so there is always diagnosis to do! lol

My interests began over forty years ago. I enlisted in the U.S. Army Reserve and, a few years later, was commissioned an Ordnance officer. (U.S. Army Ordnance combines the talents of the British REME and the former Royal Ordnance Corps, and i was initially a mechanical maintenance officer.) Over the years, I served as a reservist and on active duty, and learned a good deal about the nitty-gritty of vehicles and their diagnosis from my outstanding soldiers, NCOs and warrant officers. I've continued auto repair and diagnosis as a hobby, with varying degrees of success. lol

My time is still limited by work, so I won't really kick-in until I retire, but I intend to build a base of skills beforehand.

Thanks you and it's a pleasure to be a member. I'm very impressed by the camaraderie and technical excellence of the members.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hi from LA

Post by PicoMike »

Welcome along! :D
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

DebbieSidera
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Hi from LA

Post by DebbieSidera »

Welcome JIM! congrats for the Pico... such a good toy!